Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Question about the exact route

(4 posts) (3 voices)
Started 1 year, 9 months ago ago by Jboz
Latest reply from velomel 1 year, 9 months ago ago

Jboz
  • I know it’s coming (March-ish) so that’s OK. My question is whether it’s already firmly outlined and locked away in the Register’s vault under armed guards, or whether it’s still in flux. I’m assuming that it’s firm because they have provided precise mileage and climb data. But still the question – if it already exists, why hold it back? And I’m not trying to rush things. I know that revealing the exact route won’t make July 21 come any faster – just curious about the process.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #473227

jwsknk
  • they know the rout they want… now it’s a matter of all the pass through towns signing on, the IDOT and county engineers checking off on road construction projects, non of those peole contacted before the overnight towns notified.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #473228

Jboz
  • jwsknk – that makes sense. When you really stop and think about it, you can get a sense of the magnitude of the entire effort. So many moving parts – pretty amazing. I know the first few were kind of pieced together without much planning, but with the size and scope of contemporary RAGBRAI, it is a major effort. I tend to plan everything to the n-th degree…drives my wife crazy. So, it’s really interesting to me to think about what all goes into this. It would be fascinating to see the inner workings of RAGBRAI. I bet we would all be shocked at the complexity.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #473266

velomel
  • “It would be fascinating to see the inner workings of RAGBRAI. I bet we would all be shocked at the complexity.”

Wow, that would make a cool documentary.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #473322

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy