Latest reply from Thoreau 10 months, 2 weeks ago ago

Michrider
  • RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party
    Des Moines, Iowa, January 25, 2014

RAGBRAI Expo, July 19, 2014

RAGBRAI XLII, July 20-26, 2014

Posted 1 year ago ago #624255

VIKING
  • Mich. Don’t forget November 15, 2013 —- Registration opens.
    Every body signs up on the first day.

Posted 1 year ago ago #625387

Sandaltan
  • Yeah, November 15th is an important date, it is C.W. McCall’s birthday. Do ya suppose it is the same C.W. that used to do the Council Bluffs shuffle with Mavis Davis??? I wonder when Mavis Davis was born???

RIDE RIGHT (Just a little nonsense here, please forgive)

Posted 1 year ago ago #626271

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Of course it is….I was at the drive-in theater over by Pisgah watching “True Grit” and heard the whole story from Officers Lewis and Clark of the Pottawattamie County “Sin Patrol” there.

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year ago ago #626343

Sandaltan
  • I got a cousin who lives between Moorhead and Soldier and he was told C.W. and Mavis did the Council Bluffs shuffle, in public, with the “Pisgah grip”!! That was scandalous in those days, some blue noses even boycotted Old Home Bread and (gasp) accused C.W. of mistreating Sloan. Fortunately the whole thing blew over quickly. I shudder to think about the Pisgah grip……….pity the children who may have witnessed the foul act!!!

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year ago ago #627707

Michrider
  • Registration opens for RAGBRAI 2014, in just 45 days. The route announcement party takes place in the middle of winter. I hate winter!!!! The announcement is about the only good thing about winter!!!!

Posted 1 year ago ago #628678

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Mich, how sure are you on the date for the Route Announcement Party?  If I want to attend I have to put in a request for time off to attend, and I can request days off no more than 90 days in advance….and they get filled so quickly that if I want to make sure I get, let’s say, 1/25/2014 I need to submit my request, online, immediately after midnight on 10/27/2013.

-”BB”-

Posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago ago #634422

Michrider
  • “Bicycle Bill”: Mich, how sure are you on the date for the Route Announcement Party? If I want to attend I have to put in a request for time off to attend, and I can request days off no more than 90 days in advance….and they get filled so quickly that if I want to make sure I get, let’s say, 1/25/2014 I need to submit my request, online, immediately after midnight on 10/27/2013.

Beebs, that date came from TJ!!!!!! Let me know if you decide to go!!!!

Posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago ago #634703

jwsknk
  • Up under “Registration”
    RAGBRAI XLII
    July 20-26, 2014
    Registration for the 2014 RAGBRAI opens November 15, 2013.
    Important Dates:
    November 15, 2013 —- Registration opens
    January 25, 2014 — RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party
    April 1, 2014 — Registration Deadline for Week-long Riders

Posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago ago #634784

Ragbrai Nation
  • October 27th will mark 265 days to R-XLII.

You may ask, why is that significant? 265 days?

Because… 265 days is a full 100 days SHORT of a year to the ride. And you may think, “so.”

So… if you are a first-time rider, consider: Ragbrai is a step-process!

265 days leaves you…

1) …Less than one month to registration opening.
    2) …Finding the leisurely bike rides that you have enjoyed over late summer (or since Ragbrai XLI) are officially at end. It is the time to start adding extra miles to each of your fall rides in preparation for Ragbrai XLII.
    4) …Considering purchasing an indoor trainer to maintain (or build) your biking fitness over the winter months.
    5) …If you have been waffling over the idea of participating in next year’s ride, you should commit NOW.
    6) …Informing your better half, friends, employer and possible support personnel that you will be fulfilling your dream in a mere 9 months. (!)
    7 …Realising you don’t have the bike of choice for multi-day road biking and considering obtaining one and/or taking advantage of late-season pricing.

Did I omit anything?

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #638432

Tony
  • I have another important date to add. Well important to me. I’m marring Judy Aug 23, 2014. I hope my RAGBRAI friends get to meet her next year. She is a cyclist. I finely found my biker chic!

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #638498

Sandaltan
  • Hey Tony; will she let you keep that carpeting???? If she says it has to go I am with Judy!! Get some nice 12 mil laminate flooring.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #638501

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Does she know this? :-P

Hey seriously, congratulations, Tony!!!
    Post a picture or two whydontcha?

-”BB”-

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #638502

Tony
  • Judy said the carpet has to go. She has talked me into replacing it with vinyl plank flooring. Its actually very derable and easy to lay.

I’ll get a pic posted soon.

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #638848

Excited Rider
  • Congrats Tony. You could have a part in next RAGBRAI and formal announcement.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #642199

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy