RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

RAGBRAI bad for the environment?

(11 posts) (11 voices)
Started 1 year, 4 months ago ago by Ed Kanitra
Latest reply from thangamalang 1 year, 4 months ago ago

Evan S
  • Wow. What a completely uneducated thing to say!!

I had no idea my bike was worse than a suburban!!

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #479517

Pdiddly
  • Wow Evan, I thought the picture I was looking at was of the Seattle Lawyer. Turns out its your cool avatar! Besides, if you woke up this morning, ultimately, you are harming the environment to survive. But don’t get me started!

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #479518

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Just when you think that politicians could get no dumber…..

I don’t know what’s worse — this idiot himself, or that enough people voted for him so that he got elected.  As someone in the article’s comments noted, it must be a very low bar to jump in order to get elected to the Washington State legislature.

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #479546

Papa T
  • I will say though bikes are very good for the enviorment, I’m not sure about Ragbrai. Have you ever ridden through a overnight town the next morning? What a bunch of slobs we are!

Even though the towns put out barrels to through away the trash, most of it ends up on the streets and peoples lawns.

I wish something could be done about it, but I don’t know what.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #479583

jwsknk
  • even when to towns put out recycling boxes there are either not enough ot everything just gets mixed together anyawy. In camp we keep it seperated and usually find someone to donate the cans to in the morning.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #479585

Zinger
  • Ignorant politicians are bad for the environment!!

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #479599

indianafrank
  • I’ve been saying for a long time that the reason we have climate change is that today the world has 7 billion people and they’re all joggers.
    This guy can’t be serious about this, though. Has to be a joke.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #479600

trek15rider
  • Typical politician; says something he no doubt meant to say, receives push back because of the idiotic nature of the statement, then immediately recants the initial statement. What a guy! Did anyone notice the proposed additional $25 fee for bicycles over $500 for additional infrastructure in the story? I’m guessing that would be on top of the standard sales tax which should already be covering such things as infrastructure. Wonder if he’s also considering additional fees for car purchases? Just saying.

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #479687

thangamalang
  • We should all be aware of the waste we create and do the best we can to keep it minimal. I can say that the larger cities and metro’s have garbage taken to a regional center to be seperated and recycled. The smaller rural towns often have a private business pick up recyclables at the curb and forward the material to a larger recycle center. If recyclables go in with garbage in many rural areas it will end up in the landfill.

Hat’s off to jwsknk and his bunch!

Posted 1 year, 4 months ago ago #486495

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy