RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

RAGBRAI Book

(17 posts) (8 voices)
Started 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago by PlannerJohn

David
  • It looks like a fun read. I have read his sample, it is sort of a humor/essay style of writing. Definitely not a dry history book.

He has a sample on his site which is a bit hard to find so here is a direct link if anyone wants to check it out. http://www.briandavidbruns.com/BDB/Rumble_files/Rumble%20Sample.pdf

Pretty cool that we have a small collection of books and a documentary for RAGBRAI.

Has anyone heard anything about the book Greg Borzo was working on? It was supposed to come out this spring as well.

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #502326

“Bicycle Bill”
  • I’m old-school, of course, so I’m in for the hardcover edition!!!!
    But would someone tell me — just whattheheck is an “e-book”?  I have a hunch it’s what these people keep staring at on these cheap iPad clones.  But do you have to have one of those things in order to read it, or can you read it off a laptop too?

-”BB”-

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #502460

David
  • E-book can be any electronic book. Usually read on a Kindle, Nook, IPad or Android tablet. Although there are apps to read them on laptops. I am most familiar with Kindle books and Amazon has a nice web app (that will work offline) to read Kindle books with.

This specific book is going to have ebook formats available for Kindle, Nook and iBook.

I supported for the hardcover as well.

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #502461

David
  • Who is “Chipper the squirrel”?

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #502566

Amanda
  • is the whole book available to purchase for my Kindle?

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #502631

David
  • Amanda, the ebook which will be available for the Kindle is expected to release this summer. The ebook (which you can choose kindle format) is a reward for any of the tiers on his kickstarter as well.

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #502632

Sandaltan
  • Chipper the Squirrel is the official mascot of Council Bluffs. There is a small colony of black squirrels that call Council Bluffs home. Cute little guys, much smaller than the red squirrels found all over Iowa.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #502635

PlannerJohn
  • Chipper the squirrel!?!? Man did I pick the wrong year to skip.

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #502654

“Bicycle Bill”
  • BUMP ….

This thing needs less than $325 to achieve goal and be funded, with 9 days to go.  If you were sitting on the fence, now is the time to get off it and support this project.

Official disclaimer — I have no connection to this other than the fact that I am also a supporter at the $35.00 level, which means I get a hard-cover copy of the book once it goes to print.  I really want to see what this ends up looking like.

-”BB”-

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #502874

knees36
  • I agree, Beebs. Sounds like a good investment, especially in the long run and before I get in the checkout lane. I’m in. Cheers.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #502881

“Bicycle Bill”
  • BUMP — Calling All RAGBRAI Riders!!!

Five days to go, and it’s still about $175 short of goal.  Your support is requested.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #503466

PlannerJohn
  • Looks like this kickstarter just made its goal, so the books are gonna come!

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #503768

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy