Forums

Forums Categories

Members

RAGBRAI bus for sale

(9 posts) (4 voices)
Started 3 years, 7 months ago ago by lgriffin
Latest reply from twiig 3 years, 5 months ago ago

lgriffin
  • As some of you may know, the original Team Crude bus is for sale. I have added some recent pictures and information to our website. These can be found at http://www.teamcrude.com. There is a link in the first paragraph with information and pictures of the bus.

If you are considering buying a bus this year and fixing it up for RAGBRAI then this should be the first place to look. Many, many people at RAGBRAI and other bike rides view this as one of the best buses for its’ designated purpose. And that purpose is to carry people, their equipment, luggage and supplies to the ride starting point, carry their luggage cross state daily during the ride and then carry everyone and everything back home after all the fun is over.

A lot of thought went into the original design and a few changes and enhancements were made over the years. You can peruse the pictures on our website to see its’ original design and what was done to improve on that great design since then.

If you are interested, please e-mail me directly or call as indicated on the Team Crude website.

Thanks…Lee

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago ago #26148

photogryph
  • Lee, are we selling the bus with the bike rack on top also or are we taking it off?

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago ago #26149

lgriffin
  • The bike rack which holds 15 bikes and their front wheels will be left on the bus.

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago ago #26150

skyline1241
  • lgriffin said: As some of you may know, the original Team Crude bus is for sale. I have added some recent pictures and information to our website. These can be found at http://www.teamcrude.com. There is a link in the first paragraph with information and pictures of the bus.

If you are considering buying a bus this year and fixing it up for RAGBRAI then this should be the first place to look. Many, many people at RAGBRAI and other bike rides view this as one of the best buses for its’ designated purpose. And that purpose is to carry people, their equipment, luggage and supplies to the ride starting point, carry their luggage cross state daily during the ride and then carry everyone and everything back home after all the fun is over.

A lot of thought went into the original design and a few changes and enhancements were made over the years. You can peruse the pictures on our website to see its’ original design and what was done to improve on that great design since then.

If you are interested, please e-mail me directly or call as indicated on the Team Crude website.

Thanks…Lee

Thank you so much for your post.

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago ago #26151

lgriffin
  • I have had a few calls about this bus. If you’re interested in a great bus for RAGBRAI you better call.

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago ago #26152

lgriffin
  • We also have a few people in Tulsa interested in this bus. But we’d rather sell it to someone for RAGBRAI. It is definitely setup for a RAGBRAI team. Bike rack for 15 bikes, shower, wired for sound system, storage space for each rider, etc.

Take a look and let me know if you’re interested.

Posted 3 years, 7 months ago ago #26153

lgriffin
  • Ok, it’s been 2 weeks since I updated you on the status of our bus. We began work on Crude v2 3 or 4 weeks ago and are anxious to do more. But we also must sell the Crude v1 soon. If you are interested in a great bus for RAGBRAI take the time to click on the link below and send me an e-mail.

http://www.teamcrude.com/buspics.html

Thanks for your time…Lee

Posted 3 years, 6 months ago ago #26154

lgriffin
  • Guess what!! No, we haven’t sold the bus…it’s still for sale. Take a look.

Posted 3 years, 6 months ago ago #26155

twiig
  • Hi, we have a 1988 Chevy 71-passenger converted school bus that would make a great Ragbrai bus.  It has 5K miles on the new engine w/5 and 2 rearend.  I can send out pictures of it if anyone would like to see them. It would sleep 4 comfortably and has a work shop in the back.  And is there a certain place to post ads other than this site? email me  quadmom20032001@yahoo.com Thanks!

Posted 3 years, 5 months ago ago #26156

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy