RAGBRAI XLIII Countdown – July 19-25, 2015
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

RAGBRAI iPhone app

(5 posts) (5 voices)
Started 4 months, 3 weeks ago ago by ak2outside
Latest reply from John 4 months, 1 week ago ago

ak2outside
  • Hasnt been updated for 2014 yet, but did anyone use it last year? How did you like it?

Posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago ago #751701

murphymp
  • I used it some last year. I found the map portion to be the most helpful in regards to knowing how long till next town. I usually have a printed daily map with me but found the app to work due to my usually losing the map somewhere along the way each day. Weather information was also helpful.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by Avatar of murphymp murphymp.

Posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago ago #751702

Excited Rider
  • The problem is mostly there was no reception there it wasn’t useful when u can connect to get to run the app. I expect the samething this year too.

There is Very limited internet or phone reception in the area.

Posted 4 months, 2 weeks ago ago #751758

John
  • The iPhone app is mostly window dressing on a web app, it’s pretty worthless if you don’t have data coverage with your cell provider, which is always a bit of a crapshoot in rural Iowa anyway (I’m looking at you, AT&T).

In a few months, the Android types will be complaining, “Where’s the Android app?”, they’re people too, blah, blah, blah, not realizing they’d be just as well off going to ragbrai.com with whatever browser comes with their phones.

It’s really kind of a shame they don’t have the resources to do a proper app with offline maps, etc. but I’m sure that’s not in TJ’s budget.

Posted 4 months, 1 week ago ago #752123

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy