Forums

Forums Categories

Members

RAGBRAI XLII Jerseys

(24 posts) (14 voices)
Started 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago by RoyBoy
Latest reply from Ragbrai Nation 10 months, 1 week ago ago

tjdale
  • I sent the picture of the jersey to my sister and this is her reply: “Looks like camo wear. I ‘ll loose myself in the corn and no one will ever find me LOL”.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #656472

Michrider
  • I love it! and, yes it does look like camo!!! That’s why I love it!!!!

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #656475

jwsknk
  • i’d be more worried the rest of the summer on the roads, drivers already use the excuese I just didn’t see them.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #656476

Sandaltan
  • I think I see a corn bear cub on the front of the woman’s jersey. I will check that out first chance I get, will have to get real close of course, maybe Mich will help me, my eyesight is not what it used to be. Anybody else see the corn bear cub??

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #656615

2old2run
  • I like it. I don’t always buy the jersey but I’ll get this one!

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #656975

mootsman
  • Nice jersey this year. 2nd favorite to 2008′s water tower.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #656980

Linda Brooks
  • I love it – but, then I’m into corny gear. I was truly surprised at the number of negative comments about the design on the FB page. You really just can’t satisfy everyone. I think this year’s logo and jersey are a great representation for the ride, the State, and, very tastefully done.

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #658604

Linda Brooks
  • I should point out, however, that two of my favorite jersey’s PERIOD … are the PBV jersey from last year (a pig on a bike … front and back – with a case of Boulevard bear on the bike) … and my new Hello Kitty jersey. See, I like the totally bizarre! And, for the record, I don’t depend on my jersey to make me visible, I go ALL out and put annoyingly loud and bright everything on, helmet, socks, ankle straps, lights, etc. If they didn’t see my big arse, then I’d say other drivers should be in fear.

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #658610

Michrider
  • Linda Brooks: I should point out, however, that two of my favorite jersey’s PERIOD … are the PBV jersey from last year (a pig on a bike … front and back – with a case of Boulevard bear on the bike)

Linda, you were with PBV last year? Did I meet you? Forgive me but sometimes (that means all the time) I’m not good with names!!!

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #662091

Davy Sprocket
  • Camo was my first reaction for sure. It’s not one of my favorites by any means, but I buy one each year so good or bad I will have one. It will be weird seeing a bunch of unmanned bicycles rolling down the Iowa roads on Jersey day. ;-)

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #662169

Clayhill
  • There’s no absolute standard of good or bad about the jerseys, just opinions. My opinion is last year’s jerseys were dull and this year’s jerseys are – well – even more dull. Not necessarily ugly, but certainly dull. And I thought the 2007 jerseys (with the modernistic stick figure and wavy “river” of sorts) was right in there with the dull group.

On the other hand, the 2008, 2009 and 2010 jerseys were imaginative. IMO.

The best two jerseys, in my humble opinion, that I have ever seen were: (1) A jersey commissioned by, I think, the NYC Bike Club with the Statue of Liberty wearing a bike helmet and her crown protruding out of the helmet vents. Great jersey! and (2) The ride across Nebraska jersey from a year or two ago – a take off on the Mayan calendar calling for the end of the world. The Nebraska ride was billed as the “End of the World” tour coinciding with the Mayan prediction and the jersey had a terrific looking round, Mayan calendar sort of logo with a little bicyclist in the middle. Really creative. Not some graphic artist’s rendition more akin to an advertising campaign logo.

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #662391

Michrider
  • I buy the RAGBRAI jersey every year. I rarely wear one of them on RAGBRAI. I figure a jersey is a conversation starter. On this ride, nobody is going to ride up and ask me about RAGBRAI! I love all my RAGBRAI jerseys, just like some more than others!!!! On the ride, you’ll probably see me wearing a Kentucky ride jersey!!!!

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #662835

Clayhill
  • Yes, Mich, I buy them whether I like them or not. But I’d really like to see a RAGBRAI jersey come out one of these days that people would not first say “Oh – you rode RAGBRAI.” I’d like a RAGBRAI jersey that other riders at home say “Really cool jersey!” Has not occurred yet.

Posted 11 months, 1 week ago ago #663547

ak2outside
  • I think they need a jersey design contest that is open for public voting during during registration and the jersey reveal during the route reveal. That would be fun!

Posted 11 months ago ago #668732

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy