Forums

Forums Categories

Members

recommendations for a new saddle

(20 posts) (17 voices)
Started 1 year, 6 months ago ago by Ed Kanitra
Latest reply from Derek 1 year, 6 months ago ago

Ed Kanitra
  • I am looking for a new MORE COMFORTABLE saddle to replace the one that came with the bike 20 years ago. I was thinking about the Ritchey WCS Streem but would be interested in hearing what you all have to say.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502658

10usstring
  • Check out the Koobi saddles. koobi.com I’ve also had good luck with some of the mens Terry saddles.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502666

trek15rider
  • Ed, this is going to be a very interesting topic. Saddle selection is a very individual thing and what’s a great saddle for some might not be the same for others. You’ll get some great ideas from this, but ultimately you’ll probably just end up having to try out several to see what works best for you. Most good saddle companies will allow you to try their product and then allow you to switch (within their brand) if you are not satisfied. The problem is most saddles require a little time before you really know. So good luck with finding a your new saddle; there are many great ones out there!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502667

CyclingRoberto
  • Check out the Rolls from Selle San Marco.

See you on the road.

And get some Nubutte to go with your new saddle.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502673

Scott J
  • I bought a Selle Anatomica Titanico last year and I have no regrets. Like a Brooks it’s leather but requires no break in. Made in America.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502677

Sandaltan
  • I have a couple of friends who just purchased their third Brooks saddles. They wore out the previous saddles and were happy to buy their third Brooks product. Were I in the market for a saddle I would give Brooks a try. Too bad there is not a lending library for bicycle saddles so that you could try out two or three before you buy.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502678

RonB
  • Agree with trek15rider above. It’s an individual thing and pretty much a trial and error effort. However, depending on what you want to do, the recommendations for a Brooks (B-17 in my case) are pretty good if you are not the “racing type”. The Brooks is a heavy leather saddle, but confortable for cruising/touring. You won’t see one at any races, for the weight reason. If you are a “racing type”, then I’ve got nothing for you, just experiment and wind up like many of us (even the non racing types) with a box full of the wrong saddles!!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502681

stuckinmizzou
  • I also have a Selle Anatomica Titanico…no break-in period…put it on, started riding and it was like I had been riding on it for years…

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502711

Michrider
  • I agree with Scott and Stuckinmizzou. I bought a Selle Anatomica Titanico this year and love it! I gave away a brooks after riding it for 500 miles of pain! I was glad to get rid of it!!!! Selle Anatomica also has longer rails than a Brooks saddle.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502724

HillsAngels1
  • I love my BROOKS. Mich you gave it away 100 miles to soon :-P

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502731

Michrider
  • HA1, 100 more miles of pain was not in my future! I must add that I have a Brooks Flyer (sprung) on my mountain/touring bike and like it! The Flyer would not fit my new bike bacause of the short rails.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502733

Pdiddly
  • I rode a Brooks from CA to IA years ago. I just thought everyone’s rear end was supposed to hurt like hell when riding a bike! After 2000 miles the leather didn’t break in one whit! Other folks obviously don’t have this same problem and love their Brooks. Mine must have been made from a very ornery cow hide.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502751

petra
  • Wow – saddle choice is REALLY personal. The fit to your physiology is crucial (i.e. the width of your sit bones.) You can get ideas from others, but the ideal saddle is the one that works for you. Having said tha,t I will add my favorite saddle which it a bit counter intuitive for touring. For two years I have been riding a Fizik Curve Snake saddle. It is fairly minimal, but the use of the rails for suspension (like a hammock) really works for me. I have ridden two week long tours on it besides several thousand miles of riding. Good luck in the search.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #502756

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy