RAGBRAI XLIII Countdown – July 19-25, 2015
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Registration Lottery Q

(8 posts) (7 voices)
Started 1 year, 7 months ago ago by David Burns
Latest reply from Michrider 1 year, 6 months ago ago

David Burns
  • I’m part of a team that’s looking forward to our first RAGBRAI this year, and I’m curious about the registration lottery – does every year field the full 8,500 riders? How many registrations are rejected? Do teams have a better chance than individuals? Should I be worried?

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #471623

Michrider
  • No, you should not worry! Get your registration completed, properly, and submitted on time, you’ll get in! Anyway, about June of each year, the Forum is swamped with people selling their ride bracelet. Worry Not!!!!

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #471695

Sandaltan
  • Register as a group (team) of three or more and you will be in. In the lottery, if one member of a team is chosen all are in. I have yet to read or hear of a team not being selected in the lottery as long as they have met the deadlines for registration.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #471775

John Blackman
  • Great thanks for asking this question , my wife and I are Canadian Newbies and now I will brag it up as if I know I am in!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #474137

ISUTubbs
  • John Blackman: one of my fellow teammates is also from Canada…living in Cincinnati now. He’ll be thrilled to know there is another Canadian along for the ride. :)

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #475603

Lisa Gawlik
  • Oh, I am so glad I looked at your post. I was worried also whether i would get in, I am entering by myself. Sure hope I can do the whole week1 I fear being in a heap at the side of the road on the 83 mile day!!!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #479296

CyclingRoberto
  • Lisa, there is only one way to guarantee that you will enjoy the entire week on your bicycle: train hard. Do lots of miles, and RAGBRAI will be so much more fun. Make sure to get out for several 50+ mile rides before the event. Have fun!
    See you on the road.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #479298

Michrider
  • Lisa, listen to CR’s advice. You’ll never hear anyone complain because they rode too many miles. However, you’ll hear many people complaining about sore butts!!! Don’t be one of the sore butt people, get in lots of saddle time!!!!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #479306

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy