Forums Categories

Members

Registration Party Proceeds…

(8 posts) (6 voices)
Started 1 year, 10 months ago ago by shaniko
Latest reply from Michrider 1 year, 10 months ago ago

shaniko
  • Hi all,

Here is a copy/paste of the upcoming route party…

Last year, the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party set a new record for fundraising with $77,000 of funding generated for the Iowa Bicycle Coalition, a non profit bicycle advocacy organization. Mark Wyatt, executive director of the Iowa Bicycle Coalition said, “this was great opportunity to help bicycling at a time when we really need it. Our programs are working to build bicycle traffic, but we have a lot more work to do with bike safety to reduce crashes, and safe routes to school to increase bicycling for children.”

********************************************************************************

Not questioning the intent nor need for fundraising..

Can you please provide to this forum here how much, % percentage wise goes to the actual “needy people”? For example: if $100 is contributed is $98 or 98% of the money going to the needy or just what is the breakdown?

Thanks.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #468716

jwsknk
  • I think it all goes to the Iowa Bicycle Coalition to support their work like the expo and the summit that same weekend, trying to get Iowa to pass the 3 foot law like some other states have, and working on things like complete streets and safe routes to school.

from their web site
    “All proceeds from the event benefit the Iowa Bicycle Coalition. The Iowa Bicycle Coalition builds partnerships, educates Iowans, and helps to establish safe and enjoyable bicycle transportation and recreation networks throughout Iowa.”

http://iowabicyclecoalition.org/about-the-iowa-bicycle-coalition/35-2/

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #468820

Sandaltan
  • I support the Iowa Bicycle Coalition by being a member and have been a member since ….. well….a long time. They do great work for all bicyclists.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #468851

Michrider
  • ST, I agree, I’m also a member because I live in Iowa one week each year!!! Actually, it’s about 9 days!!! BTW much of that time is lived on an Iowa Kurb!!!! :wink:

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #468860

joeybikes
  • @Shinko – I don’t think the Iowa Bicycle Coalition claims to help “needy people”. Their mission is to build partnerships, educate Iowans, and help to establish safe and enjoyable bicycle transportation and recreation networks throughout Iowa.

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #468939

Michrider
  • “Needy people”? Am I one of those “needy people”? I need lots of beer to get me across Iowa. Do I qualify???? :?:

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469017

“Bicycle Bill”
  • There’s a difference between “needy” and “greedy”, sir. :-P

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year, 10 months ago ago #469192

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy