RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

ROUTE ANNOUNCEMENT PARTY, JANUARY 25, 2014

(14 posts) (6 voices)
Started 9 months ago ago by Michrider
Latest reply from Sandaltan 6 months ago ago

Michrider
  • Who is planning on attending the party? Let me think, beer, party and talking about RAGBRAI. That’s a no brainer!!! I’d love to drive to Iowa (700+ miles in January) but Lefty (Knee) has other plans!!! I guess I’ll have to have my own RAP, at home, in front of the fireplace. I think I’ll invite Lucy Lou, the Mayor of Rabbit Hash! She can bring the Kurb and the beer!!!!

Posted 9 months ago ago #649154

SFC JKL2
  • Mich- I’d love to drive to Iowa (700+ miles in January) but Lefty (Knee) has other plans!!!

I loved having to drive a stick after I had my left ACL replaced. Pull the brace to get the foot on the clutch, push it down (good therapy), then side-step.

Posted 9 months ago ago #649162

iceman
  • Did you get the knee replaced yet? I knew you would not go to the RAP – would require you go west.

Posted 9 months ago ago #649666

Michrider
  • iceman: Did you get the knee replaced yet? I knew you would not go to the RAP – would require you go west.

Who said go West???? I have an appointment, on Thursday, with the Surgeon, to discuss surgery!!! I’m going to work hard to get ready for July!!!!

Posted 9 months ago ago #649713

Sandaltan
  • Get er done Mich….or do we have to call Bev????

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 9 months ago ago #649781

iceman
  • Mich, what do they use for general anesthetic in Kentucky? Wild Turkey or moonshine?

Posted 9 months ago ago #649790

Michrider
  • Sandaltan: Get er done Mich….or do we have to call Bev????

ST, no, please don’t call Beverly!!! Iceman, what is “anesthetic”?

Posted 9 months ago ago #649791

iceman
  • What’s your gas-passing doctor going to knock you out with for your surgery, Mich?

Posted 9 months ago ago #649996

Michrider
  • iceman: What’s your gas-passing doctor going to knock you out with for your surgery, Mich?

Iceman, what would you know me out with?????

Posted 9 months ago ago #650026

Michrider
  • Are you going to the party or watching on line? I want to drive to Des Moines but Lefty said no and Beverly agreed!!! Therefore, I’m having my own Route Announcement Party!!!! That way, I don’t have to drive 700 miles to Des Moines. I’ve invited about 20 close friends who may or may not go to Iowa with me in July. I predict Sioux City to Dubuque, with a few stops in between!BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care bout no party!!!!

Posted 6 months, 1 week ago ago #733505

BIANCHI-BRETT
  • Heading to Des Moines early Saturday morning with a first-timer (my 29 year old daughter). Figured the first time should be as “all-inclusive” as possible. Hope to see Brent and Marcia from the Hammond House in Slater as well as good ol’ Banana Man. He never remembers me until I remind him we met at Granite City in St. Cloud, MN around 2:00 A.M. My buddy and I were doing a night ride to Paynesvill and stop in for a last minute libation. We started talking RAGBRAI and BM walked over and introduced himself. We hoisted a few together and then had to be on our way. I know it will probably never happen, but I vote for a diagonal 500+ mile route. Let’s separate the wheat from the chaff! LOL See you on the road! (You stole my line CR – no problemo)

Posted 6 months, 1 week ago ago #733569

T. Gap Woo
  • Greetings from the Emerald City, where the Polar Vortex has us firmly in its grip (again!) and the sky is currently dumping more snow on us. Mrs. Woo and I will be watching the RAP festivities online, safely ensconced by the fireplace and enjoying a bottle of Wide River Winery’s Ms. Behavin’ and a bowl of Iowa Machine Shed’s popcorn. There’s nothing like a few reminders of the warmth of last July to help us through this interminably long, miserable winter and give us something to look forward to this summer!

Cheers!

Posted 6 months ago ago #733684

Sandaltan
  • The Captain, I and the Little Stoker will take in the festivities on line in this electronic age. The Captain has smuggled in some New Belgium 1554 to go with our pizza tonight for which we are grateful.
    The Captain

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 6 months ago ago #733686

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy