Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Seeking 20-35 year olds new to ragbrai

(5 posts) (5 voices)
Started 1 year, 7 months ago ago by Michael
Latest reply from kmethling 1 year, 7 months ago ago

Michael
  • 32 year old single male riding RAGBRAI for the first time. Any fit riders looking for fun group to ride with respond here! I am going to be coming from Washington, DC. I ride a lot and want to find people who can keep up a good pace but who also want to have fun off the bike too! If you know someone who wants to drive a vehicle along the route I would happily chip in my fair share and perhaps even bring a rental car myself! While i want to ride the entire route, its always good to have a team and a backup plan in case of the unexpected. Since this is all new to me I would love any advice from the pros and suggestions are always welcome! Now let’s name our cause and team and get this thing going for real! I’m registered but don’t know anyone else who is registered as of today.

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #473168

Ken
  • Hi Michael,

To each his/her own but take it from someone more than twice your age, if your goal on RAGBRAI is to ride as fast as you can you will be missing some of the greatest experiences of the ride.

With 15-20,000 riders, it is often foolhardy if not downright dangerous to ride fast. Take your time to meet and chat with other riders and the local residents who are out cheering you on. Those are moments to cherish.

Hope to see you out there..

Ken

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #473462

hotwheels
  • Hey Michael, it sounds like you might have some extra energy. We are going to have a 100 mile+ timed ride from Sioux City to Council Bluffs the day before RAGBRAI starts just to get warmed up and ready for the week. Check out igranfondo.com for more information. It gives you a great sense of accomplishment that you can then relax the rest of the time and enjoy some of the sites, smells, sounds and pleasures of hanging out with 20,000 cyclists.

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #473989

mark Tiemeier
  • I’m in Kansa City. I would be willing to meet you in Kansas City if you go through it. Will have a safe parking spot for you at the police station near my house.

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #474245

kmethling
  • Hotwheels,

I have done several RAGBRAI’S but never a timed ride. Can you share more about what you like about this event? Sounds awesome!

K

Posted 1 year, 7 months ago ago #474306

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy