RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Team names

(9 posts) (8 voices)
Started 10 months, 1 week ago ago by JanelleS
Latest reply from mootsman 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago

JanelleS
  • I am trying to come up with a team name for next year but I don’t want to pick a name that’s already taken. Where can I see a listing of team names?

Posted 10 months, 1 week ago ago #600184

mattpiii
  • I alwas like the Wounded Rino team. There is no team yet but I can picture a cartoon rino hopping on one leg with his front legs or arms holding his knee with a broken bike in the back ground. Go team WOUNDED RINO !!!!!

Posted 10 months, 1 week ago ago #600221

Paul
  • Team “Name Already Taken” has a nice ring to it but might be a bit long to fit on a jersey.

I wouldn’t worry too much about copying a team name. It is a pretty informal thing. If a conflict arises, it could typically be resolved either with an exchange of beverages or, if it gets ugly, settled with a dance off.

See you on the ride.

Posted 10 months, 1 week ago ago #600412

mattpiii
  • Janelle if you dicide to go hith Team Rhino I’ll by a jeresy. I’ll be yuor member in Omaha :-)

Posted 10 months, 1 week ago ago #601020

jwsknk
  • If you can wait until Nov. 15 when registration opens, all of last years will be there, or get a Bud “team” shirt from last year. They must get their list from there when it’s about ready to close.

Posted 10 months, 1 week ago ago #601445

dalebob
  • We have a business in town called “Team Rehab.” It’s a physical therapy/ sports rehab place, but I have been meaning to ask them if they would let me put their name on a jersey.
    A friend suggested team Groan Man or Groan Woman. Every time you hear someone groan when sitting down, getting up, or getting off their bike, you hand them a card that says “I’m a Groan man.”

Posted 10 months, 1 week ago ago #604583

“Bicycle Bill”
  • You could go with either Team TBD (to be determined) or Team TBA (to be announced).

Or Team Secret, with the motto “if we told you who we are we’d have to kill you”.

-”BB”-

Posted 10 months, 1 week ago ago #605031

ltyoungster
  • One of my team members is pushing for a name change. He wants Team Momentum “Get Sum!” You are welcome to it since we are happy with Team Mustache.

Posted 10 months ago ago #610799

mootsman
  • Hate to give this idea up. A friend came up with it years ago for a local ride yahoo group.

B.A.R.F. — Bicycling Anarchists Riding Front

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar of mootsman mootsman.

Posted 9 months, 2 weeks ago ago #634781

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy