Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Teams for 2014

(20 posts) (12 voices)
Started 1 year, 1 month ago ago by Skrad2311

Skrad2311
  • I’m looking to join a team in the Omaha-Council Bluffs area for 2014. I’ve done RAGBRAI 3 times on my own or with friends, and each time it has been a logistical nightmare with rides and sags. I know its early, but hit me up if your team has space.

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #556075

Skrad2311
  • I’ve been on the taco ride at least 20 times, and Ive only seen one team ride it.

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #559756

Michrider
  • Find a few like minded people and start your own team!!!!

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #560329

mattpiii
  • There are a number of bicycle clubs you can join in the Omaha area that ride the rabrai. I am in the Bellevue bike club

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #562749

ak2outside
  • Any Alaskans? I’m looking for a heat-support group. I’ll be the girl melting on her bike at 80F (above zero F).

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #566620

Terri Mitchell
  • I too am looking for a team for my husband and I to join. We figured if we couldn’t find one, we would just be a two man team, but it would be awesome to join a team.
    This will be our first year riding RAGBRAI (2014) and it would be nice to find people our age to join (we will be very close to 50 by July 2014!)

We are our of Menlo, Iowa which is about 40 mile west of Des Moines. If anyone at all is interested in adding us to your team, that would be AWESOME!! We are both fun people, love to ride and have a good time! Please hit me up here, or email me at terriface@gmail.com

Thanks!!!
    t ~

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #571381

Ragbrai Nation
  • Any Alaskans? I’m looking for a heat-support group. I’ll be the girl melting on her bike at 80F (above zero F).

——————————————————————————–
    Oh, not a problem, ak. Remember, Iowa is flat. 8-)

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #573423

Excited Rider
  • I agree to set up a team. But don’t waste your money on Porky Belly which is minimum service with too much burnden. No Porky Belly for me anymore paying extra $600!!

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #574621

Michrider
  • I don’t agree but interesting comment, Marylander!!!!

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #574909

Monica in Omaha
  • Hey Skrad, did you end up finding a cool team? Another newbie here from the Omaha metro, and just getting up off my butt to do this now. I will be looking up local bike clubs in the meantime but know that winter meetings can be sparse!

Posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago ago #733486

Skrad2311
  • I haven’t found a team yet. Most clubs in Omaha (like the peddlers club) ride BRAN, not ragbrai.

Posted 8 months, 2 weeks ago ago #733488

Monica in Omaha
  • Gotcha. I’ve never done anything like this before, so I went to the registration area and joined up with Omaha Newbies. There are 2 of us in the group at last check. I tried emailing the chick who started it a week or two ago and haven’t heard back…If she doesn’t respond soon I may look elsewhere. I’m athletic but getting back in the saddle and looking for a pretty easygoing team, 20s or early 30sish. What kind of team are you looking for? Interested in starting one if we mesh? I’m still talking to people in the area and trying to feel out potential riders, but don’t know many bikers yet.

Posted 8 months, 1 week ago ago #733564

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy