Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Tell me about Satuday

(24 posts) (14 voices)
Started 3 years, 9 months ago by Ed Kanitra
Latest reply from reddog1 3 years, 8 months ago

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rich reddog1 3 years, 8 months ago.

So what is the Saturday before the riding portion of RAGBRAI actually begins like? Is there a ride to the Missouri River for the famous “dip”?

And by the way, what happened to the countdown timer on the top of the homepage?????

• Profile photo of Ed Kanitra
    Ed Kanitra
  • So what is the Saturday before the riding portion of RAGBRAI actually begins like? Is there a ride to the Missouri River for the famous “dip”?

And by the way, what happened to the countdown timer on the top of the homepage?????

Posted 3 years, 9 months ago ago #447096

• Profile photo of John L
    John L
  • Ed, Saturday is magical as RagNat said. We drive up in an easy 2 day trip from Louisiana. So we leave Thursday morning drive to Missouri and have a great dinner and just take it easy. Then Friday we drive to the end town. We check out the scene looking for a brew pub…where we will end this thing in 7 days. In 2011 my daughter and spouse met us in Davenport at Great River Brewery for a beer. Anyway…Saturday am we get up and get the bikes loaded for the transport east to west. Then load the bags then finally, finally after all that prep we get on the shuttle to head west! It feels so great to just sit back and take in the corn!! Then at the campsite it is get tent ready, test run on bike, lay out Sun. bike gear. Oh yeah and just try to sleep a bit Sat. night…yeah right….too excited! Since Sat. is day 3 off the bike I am chomping at the bit to get on it Sunday. I have to rein it in to not ride to hard at the start. Saturday is a great day of anticipation!!

Posted 3 years, 8 months ago ago #469255

Ed Kanitra
  • Sounds cool, John. I plan on leaving very early on Friday, getting to the end town and heading west with the charter. I hope that Iowa has more than lite beers! That’s all everyone seems to be drinking in the pictures and videos that I have seen. Should I bring some Sam Adams or Yuenling?

Posted 3 years, 8 months ago ago #469280

• Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
  • Bring Yuenling!! And then find me and I will help you drink it!

Posted 3 years, 8 months ago ago #469281

• Profile photo of John L
    John L
  • I agree with the Princess! You can find beer with flavor but you have to search! Usually there is one beer stand in the overnight town that will have something tasty! We can support each other in the cause!! Kathy, Garrett, Susan (Geaux Team) and I all have a good nose for good beer…life is too short for light beer!

Posted 3 years, 8 months ago ago #469282

Ed Kanitra
  • John L: life is too short for light beer!

sounds like a great bumper sticker!

Posted 3 years, 8 months ago ago #469286

• Profile photo of WILLIAM
    Sandaltan
  • Black and Tan Ed. Thanks.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 3 years, 8 months ago ago #469451

• Profile photo of Rich
    reddog1
  • Saturday is one of my favorite days.
    We drive in from the great state of Colorado on Friday and stay at a cousins house in Council Bluffs. Swimming pool and lake and have filet mignon for dinner every year. We meet up with out other team members who fly into Omaha and the team is usually around 22 or so.
    We are up the next morning for breakfast and get on our bikes and ride to the ride. Some years only a few miles.. some years 100 plus. Always great as we know a lot of people from the years riding thru Mo. Valley Modale and so forth or if we go south we go to Tish’s restaurant in Council Bluffs and then head out. Always great to see old friends and new ones and then get to our host home and see some more old friends or make some new ones. Always great to ride on roads that are not so heavy with traffic on this day as well. You also are not sharing the bar with a couple of thousand of your best friends. Very great day for all. Never dip.. did that the 1st year.

Posted 3 years, 8 months ago ago #469626

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLI – 2013’ is closed to new topics and replies.

© 2016 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy