RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Thanks to my PBV friends!!!!

(25 posts) (12 voices)
Started 12 months ago ago by Michrider
Latest reply from Michrider 11 months ago ago

Michrider
  • Thanks to Pete & Tammy and all of the PBV crew!!!! This year was a frustrating year for me, since I was able to ride only one day. When I get Lefty fixed, I’ll be back with PBV, my favorite charter!!!! Don’t know how me & Lefty would have made it without the PBV bus!!!

Posted 12 months ago ago #542578

trek15rider
  • Sorry to hear about your knee problems Mich. You need to get that taken care of as soon as you can so you’ll be ready for next year! I was hoping to run across you this year but it just didn’t happen……next year for sure! Take care.

Posted 12 months ago ago #542855

Here4TheRide
  • This was my first RAGBRAI and I also used PBV’s services. They handled many logistical details that I never could have anticipated, and did so with a positive attitude and great aplomb.
    It takes a lot to impress me, but Tammy, Pete and the entire PBV organization were everything Mich makes them out to be. I’ll definitely use them again, next year. They charge a bit more than other charter services, but I don’t think I could have completed the ride without their support.

Mich: I had hoped to make your acquaintance under the mister-fan tents and buy you a beer, but I never once saw you. Maybe next time.

Posted 12 months ago ago #544786

Michrider
  • Here4TheRide: This was my first RAGBRAI and I also used PBV’s services. They handled many logistical details that I never could have anticipated, and did so with a positive attitude and great aplomb.
    It takes a lot to impress me, but Tammy, Pete and the entire PBV organization were everything Mich makes them out to be. I’ll definitely use them again, next year. They charge a bit more than other charter services, but I don’t think I could have completed the ride without their support.
    Mich: I had hoped to make your acquaintance under the mister-fan tents and buy you a beer, but I never once saw you. Maybe next time.

I was under that tent every day. I was the guy in the Kentucky hat!!!

Posted 12 months ago ago #544942

Sandaltan
  • PBV is indeed a remarkable operation. A city within a city that caters to your every need.
    Mich; GET THAT KNEE FIXED!!!!

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 12 months ago ago #545420

Michrider
  • Sandaltan: PBV is indeed a remarkable operation. A city within a city that caters to your every need.
    Mich; GET THAT KNEE FIXED!!!!

Thanks ST, it’s a work in progress!!!!

Posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago ago #545753

Racingmom
  • PBV rocked again this year (in every way possible, but the pickles for cramping was a big hit on day 6, thank you!!) And a big highlight was seeing you, Michrider. You’re a ray of sunshine! Now get that knee taken care of so we can see you riding next year!

Posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago ago #547843

Davy Sprocket
  • Hey Michrider,

I looked for you on every curb along the ride and never found you. I saw a few PBV riders and told them to tell you hello. As a January Hip Replacement rider, I recommend you get the knee done sooner rather than later. Good luck my friend and I hope to see you next year.

Davy

Posted 11 months, 4 weeks ago ago #548059

Michrider
  • Thanks Davy and all my other friends! My second opinion Doctor (last week) said Lefty was not bad enough to be replaced! He said I might be in more pain after the surgery and might not be able to ride!! Thanks Doc!!!! In September, I’m going to try synvisc (3 injections), one more time. I’m not ready to give up riding just yet!!!

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #550213

isitsummer
  • Hello Michrider,
    Just read your post ’bout “Lefty” and only being able to ride one day. Was that the day where I would hear my name, looked around and there you were? That happened three times that day in three different pass through towns.
    You take care of your knee and you come back up to the kurbs in Iowa 2014.
    Summer

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #550579

Stuntz
  • Hey Mitch – Lefty must be a cousin of both my knees. The synvisc injections have helped me, but even more is walking around in sandals and even barefoot this summer. Uneven surfaces help too! I know its counterintuitive, but this old man is living proof…haha. The ‘sandal therapy’ helps. Do light weights as well. See ya on the kurb!!!

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #551538

Sandaltan
  • SANDALS!!!!! Of course!!! Mich, pitch those clunky three strap Shimano sandals that are not really sandals but are open-toe-shoes. Then pitch those mountain bike shoes that your Dr. talked you into and get some real bike sandals…..after your surgery.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 11 months, 3 weeks ago ago #551730

Here4TheRide
  • PBV has posted it’s RAGBRAI XLI recap video (with soundtrack by Iowa bluesman Charlie Parr).

It’s very nicely done and provides a thoughtful record of the PBV community and the fun everyone had throughout the week. I’m even included in a few shots and I’m sure Mich and other forum regulars are as well.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #566213

Mary
  • Michrider, I tried to send you a private message…but it didn’t appear to go through…google OrthoCor Active Knee System, then ask your doc if it might help you.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar of Mary Mary.

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #568196

• Avatar of "Nice Brass" Alicia Rau
    “Nice Brass” Alicia Rau
  • Yes get that Lefty fixed up, and then we can ride next year! Always a pleasure to see you in camp too!
    I have to get my pocket trumpet fixed as well :) so my Nice Brass is ready for next year too!
    – Alicia aka Nice Brass

Posted 11 months, 2 weeks ago ago #569301

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy