Forums Categories

• Categories

• Topics

Members

The 'real' Kybo

(16 posts) (11 voices)
Started 6 years, 1 month ago by joeybikes
Latest reply from Michrider . 6 years, 1 month ago

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Michrider Michrider . 6 years, 1 month ago.

Circa 1984 – Central Iowa

• Profile photo of Cathy
    isitsummer
  • I think KYBO stands for,
        Keep Your Bowls Open
    I think.

Is It Summer?

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14473

• Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
  • oMGosh- What happened to their faces? Tell me they didn’t bob for corn in the KYBO and the chemicals ate them? EOWWWW

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14474

• Profile photo of Kevin
    Gypsy Rose
  • I remember when the Kybo’s would arrive in the start town “back in the day” and they’d be accompanied by an inventory of “Keep on Going With Us” t-shirts that so many of us ended up buying. I wonder if any other portalet companies have been able to market themselves in such a positive light.

~ Kevin

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14475

• Profile photo of Michrider
    Michrider .
  • Amanda said: oMGosh- What happened to their faces? Tell me they didn’t bob for corn in the KYBO and the chemicals ate them? EOWWWW

Princess, I think they are two young, attractive aliens from another planet!!!!!

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14476

• Profile photo of James
    SFC JKL2
  • That which we call a rose.  By any other name would smell as sweet…

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14477

• Profile photo of Amanda
    Amanda
  • The only time those smell sweet is in the morning aftre they have been cleaned!

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14478

• Profile photo of Mary
    Mary
  • I love the shorts!  I had several different pairs like that, each a different color, and I wore them riding that year too.  My kids hoot with laughter at what we wore back then.

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14479

• Profile photo of Kevin
    Gypsy Rose
  • Mary said: I love the shorts!  I had several different pairs like that, each a different color, and I wore them riding that year too.  My kids hoot with laughter at what we wore back then.

Not to mention the added emphasis with the tucked in t-shirt (and visor, too).

Ah, well, it won’t be long before we look back as fondly on what we wore during the 2011 ride!

~ Kevin

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14480

• Profile photo of James
    SFC JKL2
  • I miss shorts too.  As a man, your choices are soccer/running shorts or something 3 inches below your knee (which by definition are no longer shorts).  Kind of like how all the backetball player have to wear shorts under their shorts(MC Hammer uniform pants).

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14481

• Profile photo of Stacie
    Zinger
  • Give me a biking skort any day. Comfy, athletic, and still a bit girly. And they transition well to dancing in the beer tents at night!

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14482

• Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
  • Back in the day. My riding shorts were cut off jeans. Helmet was a riding cap. I don’t miss the chaffing….

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14484

• Profile photo of WILLIAM
    Sandaltan
  • I can’t remember what I wore on my first one, cotton t-shirts and tennis shoes for sure and probably shorts of some kind.  No cut offs though, I just could not cut up a pair of Levis.
    RIDE RIGHT

Posted 6 years, 1 month ago ago #14485

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XXXIX – 2011’ is closed to new topics and replies.

© 2017 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy