Forums

Forums Categories

Members

The route is out! Day-by-day breakdown.

(30 posts) (14 voices)
Started 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago by RoyBoy
Latest reply from KenH 7 months, 1 week ago ago

Bob
  • Why aren’t the “Meeting Towns” designated? How do we find those out?

Also, it appears if you follow the Karras Loop, you miss the meeting town. I would think it would be impossible to back track on that small portion that goes out to Bancroft (the meeting town) after doing the Karras Loop.

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750916

jwsknk
  • The loop would take you through bancroft twice. B14 is your decision point Titinka or loop

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750931

Bob
  • Ahh, I understand – thank you. But how about meeting towns on each of the other days? They do not seem to be specified. Do the short days have meeting towns too? The reason I am asking is because we have a few people in our group who might not ride the whole distance each day and since we will have our own support vehicle, the meeting town is where some might hook up with our support vehicle.

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750938

straycat
  • Bob, in another couple of months they will post the detailed route maps which include the meeting towns. They will also post the support vehicle maps.

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750940

Sandaltan
  • Patience is a virtue…..132 days left.

RIDE RIGHT

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750943

Bob
  • OK…I’ll be patient. :(

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750944

Davy Sprocket
  • Okay, I am crazy? Outside of my first year when I was a “Bandit” and really didn’t even know that there was a registration process, can honestly say that I have never inspected the route or had any set housing or pre-ride knowledge of meeting towns etc. The Bloodmobile just rolls and parks where ever. My philosophy is to just let the ride evolve naturally and believe if you over plan such events you will miss out on so much. I would suggest you just ride, visit and go with whatever flow fits you. After all, it is what you make it. Relax and enjoy.

FYI, My first year I found out about the registration and lottery about 3-weeks before the ride and did request yards to camp in. Although a bandit, the host towns where very nice and accommodated this track coach who had recently had a hip replacement by placing me with the local HS track coaches in each town. Very nice! Ever since, I have been an avid supporter of registered riders.

Davy

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750956

Bob
  • Davy, thanks for the input!

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750978

Michrider
  • I’m unable to find the daily maps! Where are they????

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750983

Bob
  • Mich,

I don’t think they are being posted until next week. The only ones I saw were in the video and I paused it while playing it so I could see them.

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750984

jwsknk
  • they were in the DM Register Sunday, the Mud Lick..sorry Rabbit Hash Library probably doesn’t get that paper :-)
    and it’s wasn’t quite complete, couldn’t tell if Milford was day 1 or day 2, or maybe both. Routes in & out of town still to be determined.

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750986

Mary
  • Go to the blog section. Looks like, so far, they are going to post each day—Sunday and Monday have been posted so far. In each daily blog, there is a daily map that pops out if you click on the magnifying glass icon.

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750993

Michrider
  • jwsknk: they were in the DM Register Sunday, the Mud Lick..sorry Rabbit Hash Library probably doesn’t get that paper
    and it’s wasn’t quite complete, couldn’t tell if Milford was day 1 or day 2, or maybe both. Routes in & out of town still to be determined.

Thanks Jim, I checked with Lucy Lou, Rabbit Hash’s Mayor, about the availability of the DM Register. Her response was one loud, sustained howl!!! That’s never a good sign!!!!
    null

Posted 7 months, 2 weeks ago ago #750995

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy