RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Three friends want to join a team….

(10 posts) (6 voices)
Started 1 year, 5 months ago ago by Michael
Latest reply from jsm 1 year, 5 months ago ago

Michael
  • Hey we are three 40 year olds from Missouri and southern Minnesota who are looking to join a team for the 2013 ride. We are all newbies to the RAGBRAi but are wanting to find a team that we can possible ride with for years to come….we are looking forward to the fun and the challenge….

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #403955

drgeorge1
  • I am forming a group in the St Louis area. So far it includes 64 yr old and my 36 yr old son.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #404828

velomel
  • Michael:
    I recommend the Iowa Vally Bicycle Club (IVBC). The charter departs from and returns to Marshalltown IA. Marshalltown is in central IA just 30 miles straight east of Ames and I35. It would be a good central location for you all to start and end. The charter is reasonably priced and very well run. This year will be my fourth year using the IVBC charter and I have always been happy with the service.
    You can contact Dana Bresler from IVBC for more info. (641) 485-4804

See you in July!

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #404871

Michrider
  • Every year about this time, people start searching for a team to join. Do you want to join a team? Are you looking for a charter? There are many good charters on RAGBRAI but I think Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is the best!!! I’ve traveled with them for years! They offer a lot of extras that you may not be able to get anywhere else. RAGBRAI will announce the Route for 2013 on January 26, 2013. As soon as the route is announced, PBV will send out their invitation letter. To be added to the list for that invitation, contact Pete: petephillips@cox.net or Tammy: tammypav@cox.net . You can check out PBV at http://www.pkbelly.com/about_us.php. I’ll meet you under PBV’s big circus tent!!!!

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #404920

Amanda
  • Do you get a discount for advertising PBV? You should!!

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #405004

drgeorge1
  • River Bend Bicycle Club out of Clinton IA does a great job and is a no frills inexpensive way to go if you are looking for a charter. We used them this year. They fill up fast.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #406456

jsm
  • Pork Belly Ventures is expensive, but they do provide many extras that provide a much more comfortable and pleasurable RAGBRAI. Air conditioned showers, nightly entertainment, meals, tent and bagage service, shuttle, sag, shower thingy, flush toilets, power thingy for charging electronics, air compressor, bike shipping, bike mechanics, massage therapists, refreshments, laundry, giant circus tents with mist cooling fans, chairs, helpful friendly staff and yes you’ll likely get to meet the inimitable Michrider and many other great characters who love cycling and RAGBRAI. Their prices will be provided in the invitation letter, you can compare and decide if this worth it for you.
    2012 was my first, took my 22 year old son and 17 year old daughter, we had a blast. I was afraid it might not have been all I had built it up to be but the first thing they said once we were loaded back in the car and heading home was “next year we have to do the tent service.” I firmly believe that all the extras made it work for us. The amazing work by Pete and Tammy should earn them an honorary doctorate degree in logistics. The Pork Belly Venture crew quite literally moves a city with all it’s services across Iowa.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #406777

Michrider
  • “inimitable Michrider”, jsm, ya gotta remember that I’m from Kentucky! I’m not sure what that means!!!! :wink: :)

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #408797

jsm
  • From http://www.vocabulary.com “Use the adjective inimitable to describe someone or something that is so special or unique, it is impossible to duplicate.” I have had grandfather who was from Kentucky, the man was brilliant, with an incredible sense of humor, I would never underestimate any one from The Great Commonwealth of Kentucky.

Posted 1 year, 5 months ago ago #410578

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy