Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Tour de France Bike Trainer

(5 posts) (4 voices)
Started 1 year, 2 months ago ago by murphymp
Latest reply from ak2outside 1 year, 1 month ago ago

murphymp
  • Does anyone have any experience with the Pro Form Tour de France bike trainer? I am looking at the 2013 model and wanted to get some information from someone who owns one.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #637837

Ragbrai Nation
  • At a cost of $1400??? Uh, no.

I would rather put a 1.4 stack towards my dream bike, the Bacchetta 2.0 carbon bike.

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #638357

murphymp
  • I already have a nice bike, Cervelo RS carbon with Zipp wheels so I really just want any info from someone who has that trainer or ideas on similar trainers. Thanks

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #641416

fatbyker
  • I saw that, and instantly had to have one. I then started reading reviews, and found 0 positive ones (that weren’t on their website). I did find some mediocre ones, but the sheer number of bad ones scared me away. Many of the reviews I looked at in early summer said that the trainer shipped without the computer/control module, making it unusable. The panel would then ship 2-3 months later, which was after the no questions asked return policy. I then looked at a high end trainer from a local equipment store, and the guy (also a cyclist) recommended just getting a good bike, and a good trainer. For that kind of money, you could probably get one of the computer connected trainers, and synch it to your tv. I just ended up getting a cycleops fluid 2, and downloaded some of the sufferfest videos.

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #655310

ak2outside
  • Fatbyker- I have to agree with you. I love the Cyclops trainers and Sufferfest. Garmin is developing some very interesting training videos to go with their highest end trainers (auto shift/Bluetooth/etc). I am looking forward to that trickling down to us lowly Fluid2 users!

Murphymp- please give us a review on your decision so we can all be more informed. I reviewed trainers diligently for months and decided that I would save the money on the trainer and spend it on traveling to great rides. And I live in AK where indoor training is half the year.

Posted 1 year, 1 month ago ago #657200

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy