RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Tshirt with the route on the back

(4 posts) (4 voices)
Started 1 year ago ago by Lawrence
Latest reply from “Bicycle Bill” 1 year ago ago

Lawrence
  • I know that I saw them at the Expo last year, didn’t get one.

I want to get one this year – is there a specific vendor that always makes a nice shirt with the map of Iowa with the route on it each year? or just gotta search for one?

Posted 1 year ago ago #533855

tacook
  • The RAGBRAI trailer will have this year’s logo on the front with map on the back. However, lots of vendors will have countless varieties for you to choose from. I wander the expo until I find the shirt I like best.

Posted 1 year ago ago #533983

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Used to be that all the shops on the ride — Bike World, World of Bikes, Europa, Yankee Pedaller, and all the others — got permission from the Register to use the name, the logo, and the Register-drawn map on their shirts if they wanted to, since they were also providing the mechanical support services along the road.  Some went with the “official” map, others went with their own version, meaning that the maps on some shirts indicated both overnight and pass-thru towns; other only indicated overnight towns; and some just drew a jagged line across an outline map of the state of Iowa.  In addition, daily mileage may or may not have been included.

Personally, I always liked the ones that had the pass-thru towns marked as well as the overnights, as well as the daily mileages, so I would take the time to wander past the official RAGBRAI supporting shops in the overnight towns during the week and look them all over before I made my selections.  I advise you to do the same.

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year ago ago #533984

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy