RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

TWO friends looking for a team

(7 posts) (6 voices)
Started 1 year, 3 months ago ago by cassie
Latest reply from Bad Bobby 1 year, 2 months ago ago

cassie
  • Hi- We are two friends (31 age) looking for a fun team to join. Driving from the West Coast and are willing to join a team from anywhere. We are looking to have fun and enjoy the experience. First time participating in this ride, but have done long rides and races in the past.

Thanks
    Cassie and Kelsey

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #499774

Michrider
  • Every year about this time, people start searching for a team. Do you want to join a team, or are you looking for a charter? There are many good charters on RAGBRAI but I think Pork Belly Ventures (PBV) is the best!!! I’ve traveled with them for years! They offer a lot of extras that you may not be able to get anywhere else. You can check out PBV at http://www.pkbelly.com/. I’ll meet you under PBV’s big circus tent!!!!

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #499780

Tommy
  • We are a great team with an awesome bus based in D.M. We’re mostly professionals, (not counting me!) wide age range but most about your age. The bus sleeps 8, has two showers, sound system, a/c, microwave, etc. Fees include munchies and all adult beverages. Lots more fun details. Reply back if interested!!

Posted 1 year, 3 months ago ago #500540

UtahSlacker
  • Cassie (and Kelsey),

You can join our team. Since you are coming from the west coast, if you could make it to Salt Lake City, you can drive with us to Iowa. We leave Friday, July 19th early in the morning. We rent an RV and drive it to Omaha and meet up with the rest of our rider and whoever flies into Omaha on Friday night/Saturday morning.

We are a base team of 5 which includes one from California (picking him up in Omaha) and four from Salt Lake City (one married couple). All of us from Salt Lake have done the ride at least 8 to 9 years. This is the fourth year I have arranged the RV. We do party and the couple owns a bar here in Salt Lake City. Let’s just say we are mature rock stars between late 30′s to mid 40′s. There are 3 riders from Missouri and Minnesota that are coming with us. I contacted them through this forum in November and then they later signed on. We also have a couple flying to Omaha with our S.A.G. support drivers.

Last year we had 4 bachelorettes and the soon-to-be bride from the Coast Guard on our crew and I could give you their contact info so you can get firsthand information about our team.

The price for the two of you to tent would be $350.00 each. If you wish to sleep inside the RV, it would be $450.00 each. This price includes all the food in the RV and SAG/support. All rider (with you two included, 12 in all) are encouraged to buy one case of beer and 1 to 2 bags of ice for the week. We also hit Sam’s club for adult beverages (food in RV is included in the 350.00 price) and split the tab between the riders. Last year it was about $40.00 bucks each.

We can supply tents and air mattresses for you (one sleeps 3 and the other sleeps 2) and as of yet, do not have 1 housing sponsors. For the nights we do not have houses, we usually find grassy areas (schools, public parks, etc…). We can also supply sleeping bags for you if you want. Just bring light blankets and pillows.

If you are interested, e-mail me at: rasmar@aii.edu or call my office telephone at 801-601-4729.
    The Private Messages in this forum does not seem to be working.
    Ramzy Asmar- Utahslacker

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #502980

Kate
  • Hey Cassie,

I saw your post in the forum and saw that you’re traveling from the west coast. Where are you traveling from? I’m in WA and am starting to consider my travel options for getting to Iowa for RAGBRAI. Let me know where you’re traveling from and if you might have room for one more!

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #503598

Bad Bobby
  • Have you found a team? We are Team Boozehound and we are looking for a few more members

please send me an e0mail at badbobby99@gmail.com

Bad Bobby

Posted 1 year, 2 months ago ago #506069

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy