Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Ultimate Frisbee

(6 posts) (3 voices)
Started 9 months, 4 weeks ago ago by Robo B
Latest reply from Robo B 9 months ago ago

Robo B
  • Howdy Bikers,

Are there any Ultimate Frisbee players out there? I’m thinking of bringing a few discs along and maybe trying to get a little game of pick up happening after the day’s ride one afternoon. Anybody interesting in doubling down on the fun? Biking, Ultimate and then maybe some late night dancing – sounds like a triathlon of fun to me!

If you play Ultimate, post a shout out here and if we can get a posse together we’ll pick a slack day to play some pick up.

Yeah!

Posted 9 months, 4 weeks ago ago #518950

megan r
  • I’m down. If you bring a disc, they will come.

Maybe Tuesday at the campground fields? In the 5 or 6ish range?

Posted 9 months, 1 week ago ago #530773

Carissa Shoemaker
  • I don’t know if I’m going yet, but if so, let’s play some disc. I know a couple of other people who would be down, as well.

Posted 9 months, 1 week ago ago #530873

Robo B
  • Well alright! Tuesday afternoon is cool. On the other hand, I’m from out-of-state so I hope to check out downtown Des Moines on Tuesday as well. Maybe Wednesday or Thursday might work well since the rides are short and the towns are small. Anybody else spin plastic as well as wheels out there? The more the merrier!

Posted 9 months, 1 week ago ago #531326

megan r
  • Sure. I’m coming from out of state but originally an Iowan so I’m all in favor of people exploring our towns/cities. If there’s a disc people will appear; that’s how it was last time. Perhaps when you find a likely looking place post here and we’ll know where to go.

Have a good & safe trip to Council Bluffs!

Posted 9 months ago ago #532810

Robo B
  • Nice. Will do. By the way, in general, whats the best way to ‘broadcast’ this kind of instant meet-up for disc while at Ragbrai? Do people check this forum? Are there standard Ragbrai twitter hashtags? How do people communicate widely in real time while at Ragbrai?

Posted 9 months ago ago #532816

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy