RAGBRAI XLII Countdown – July 20-26, 2014
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Want to join a team

(8 posts) (5 voices)
Started 4 months ago ago by Cliff Ankersen
Latest reply from rab520 3 months, 1 week ago ago

Cliff Ankersen
  • First time rider, looking to join a team. I’m from Colorado, not that I’m a big mountain cyclist… actually from Michigan, so more of a flat lander than mountain climbing cyclist.
    Looking for some fellow cyclists to ride with on this years RAGBRAI.
    Done a number of MS-150′s but never anything as long as RAGBRAI.

Posted 4 months ago ago #716436

Patty Kathmann
  • Where in Colorado are you? I am looking to ride RAGBRAI 2014 as a first timer also. I did live in Iowa for a number of years but never made the ride. I am a relatively new rider but I did ride the Highland Ranch Wacky Ride of 45 miles in September….and made it. I am looking for some fellow Coloradoans to make the trek.
    Patty
    coachpak1@msn.com

Posted 4 months ago ago #717720

Cliff Ankersen
  • I currently reside in Commerce City, CO … used to live in Parker, CO.
    Have ridden MS-150′s in Michigan (Flint & Grand Rapids), North Carolina Charlotte to Myrtle Beach, Colorado
    Cycled Elephant Rock, Boulder Challenge, Lookout Mtn. Deer Creek Canyon, Cherry Creek Trail, C-470 – Platte River Trail
    Michigan – Kensington Metro Park, Hines Drive, Grand Haven to Holland, Grand Haven to Grand Rapids, around Torch Lake, around Lake Orion area, around Muskegon area.

Posted 4 months ago ago #717721

Ragbrai Nation
  • Sounds like the only thing LEFT in your bucket list is RAGBRAI, Cliff. Welcome home!

Posted 4 months ago ago #717751

mootsman
  • Joining a team is a great way to ride RAGBRAI. Start looking at this forum next Spring. Lots of teams start posting looking for riders to fill slots around then. Rather then look for a team from your area, look for ones based in Iowa. As far as logistics go it is the simplest. They stage from 1 area, have places to park and store travel cases usually. A Des Moines area team would be best if you intend to fly to Iowa. It has the biggest airport and most direct flights. Otherwise one on the east or west side of the state might work best for someone driving to Iowa.

Also charters work but usually cost more. (get MitchRider started on how great http://www.pkbelly.com is)

Posted 4 months ago ago #718451

Cliff Ankersen
  • Thanks for the great info.
    I’ll be driving from Colorado and the advice on finding a team from Iowa sounds like good advice. Hope I can be found or find them as we get closer to the event.
    How hard is it to get a number for this event? Am I at risk of not being able to go on the ride?

Posted 4 months ago ago #719233

mootsman
  • There is a very low risk of not making it through the lottery. Even if you didn’t get a number initially this forum has lots of people selling their wrist bands in Spring and RAGBRAI has an official transfer process that works well. In fewer words, there is a zero change of not getting a wrist band. Plus some teams allow you to ride as a”pirate”, unregistered.

Posted 3 months, 4 weeks ago ago #720059

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy