RAGBRAI XLIII Countdown – July 19-25, 2015
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

wedding suggestions

(15 posts) (11 voices)
Started 1 year, 6 months ago ago by ybigham
Latest reply from Tsnap Xip 1 year, 6 months ago ago

ybigham
  • Texas couple hopes to get married during RAGBRAI. Any suggestions?

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #472132

petra
  • You may have seen them too but you can get jerseys printed with a tux and bride dress for the ride. A veil on the helmet also works. Good luck and congrats!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #472142

jwsknk
  • suggestions on places? Town? some nice riverfront places in Des moines ranging from a chinese pagoda to Simon Estes amplitheater. Iowa Cubs have a baseball game that night at Sec Taylor Stadium.
    Sculpture Garden at the west end of downtown, further west the Salsbury House grounds or Greenwood Park/Des Moines Art center

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #472219

Tony
  • On the steps to the Iowa State Capital building. It is one of the most beautiful capital building in the country. Maybe you could arrange the governor to marry you.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #472311

ybigham
  • GREAT ideas!!! We’ve been to Iowa twice, both times for RAGBRAI. We absolutely love Iowa, and the people are so incredibly friendly. Thank you all again for the help!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #472314

• Avatar of Guthrie Center committee
    Guthrie Center committee
  • Guthrie Center should be a pass through community on Monday. You could get married in our city park where vendors will be set up or on our court house lawn or in one of the several churches in town.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #473681

Punky
  • Last year we happened upon a wedding in Mt Vernon in the gazebo at the park. Team Black Betty was wearing dresses (guys and girls), so we were invited and one of our riders served as maid of honor. It was one of the highlights of last year’s ride. I like the Perry idea, but a small pass through town with a nice park or town square would be really fun too.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #473684

SFC JKL2
  • Don’t do it. Save yourself while there’s still time. Peddle away as fast as you can…

PS: or just do it and get it over with. If your bringing in family it’s hard to get a room along the route.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #473769

ybigham
  • Since we live in Austin, Texas, we will need to get a marriage certificate in Iowa. We are trying to get in Iowa Friday, July 19th during business hours, but worst case scenario we won’t be able to get our certificate until Monday (hopefully on the route), and will need to wait the 3 business days to tie the knot.

We LOVE the jersey tux/wedding dress idea, but the jersey wedding dress we can’t find….I guess because it’s so tacky?

@Denise…Thanks!!! I may need to take you up on the offer!

We are so incredibly excited and love all the ideas!

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #474587

Denise Fuller
  • Did you call and ask if you could apply prior to coming to Iowa? My brother was in Iraq and coming back for a few days to get married but they had him fill out the paper work infront of a notery. I would call and find out what there guidelines are I know you need a witness that has known you for a while and a notery.

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #474879

Tsnap Xip
  • See if your pastor / priest will wear this:

Posted 1 year, 6 months ago ago #475093

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy