RAGBRAI XLIII Countdown – July 19-25, 2015
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

Forums Categories

Members

What happens to luggage not picked up in a particular town?

(5 posts) (5 voices)
Started 1 year, 9 months ago ago by Mindy Jensen
Latest reply from jwsknk 1 year, 9 months ago ago

Mindy Jensen
  • We have a couple of hotel reservations, and are staying with a few friends along the way. What happens if you don’t pick up your gear? DO the gear truck guys throw it back on, or does it get left behind?

-Thanks!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #471957

RonB
  • Not sure of the answer, but a couple of recommendations:

1. If going with a charter, discuss this with them beforehand, I’m sure they will have a solution.
    2. If using the Register’s baggage trucks, personally, I’d be concerned with it being picked back up. I’d suggest taking all baggage with you to the hotel or friends. Would be a good opportunity to wash dirty clothes, air out damp items, repack, etc.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #471959

Dan in Iowa
  • My understanding is that if it’s left in the baggage area, the truck people just load it back up and move it on to the next town.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #471961

jwsknk
  • not sure if it is truck drivers, but someone from RAGBRAI will pick it up. Last year there was a tent & bike left in a campgrond when we were the last truck pulling out, couldn’t figure out who’s it was,no contact info. we left those there.
    a bike over by a tree next to us had contact info in it. belonged to a membaer of the team that was camped next to us. He was in the hospital and his bags got loadedup, but not his bike. They arranged to meet us in the next overnight town to pick up his bike.
    TJ said something like that when things get left behind, either staff or someone from the city will pick it up and staff we get it to the next town. Then you would probably need to check the Register lost and found unless you had your contact info on it.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #471963

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy