RAGBRAI XLIII Countdown – July 19-25, 2015
Friends of RAGBRAI

Forums

What types of foods do you want to see on the LOOP?

(11 posts) (10 voices)
Started 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago by Lone Rocker
Latest reply from lm 4 months, 3 weeks ago ago

Lone Rocker
  • We are just wondering what you want to eat on the loop? Suggestions? New to this wonderful world called RAGBRAI!

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751606

tacook
  • That will be about the third meal for me. Pork sandwich, pie and sport drink are one of my favorites for lunch. Even if it’s mid-morning, that point in the ride it’s lunch food.

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751607

Michrider
  • Potato chips (for the salt), pie & beer! That should get me through the rest of my day!!!! BTW, RAGBRAI don’t care!!!!!

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751609

Paul
  • Ribeye sandwiches are a winner. Are you vending on the loop? If so, be where the patches are handed out. on the flat, or at the top of a hill, not at the bottom. Shade and chairs can also help encourage a rider to stop.

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751614

SFC JKL2
  • Free beer of some kind and cheap corn on the cob. A nice shady spot is always nice.

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751616

jeffreydennis
  • Something to make me faster, stronger and younger

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751617

Axiom 7
  • if you are from lone rock or burt maybe you could organize a little momento of the accomplishment. two years ago the town gave the riders a lei, just a little reward for a job well done

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751619

Lone Rocker
  • Last I heard the patches will be given out in Lone Rock. We are fairly flat, no hill–top, bottom or otherwise. We will be serving food (not sure what yet)and we have lots of shade in the park. We have been busy working on ideas. We are very excited to have you come to our little town of Lone Rock population 138. And yes, there is a lone rock. You will have to stop by to see it along with our Depot/museum which the Lone Rock Community Club is raising fund to re-roof/shingle. Thanks for your input.

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751621

Pdiddly
  • I’m with Getaclueblue, some of that great sweet watermelon and Muscatine melons! Oh yes, and beer and some bloody Marys (for the salt!).

Posted 4 months, 4 weeks ago ago #751623

lm
  • You got getaclueblue Ice cold watermelon!!

Posted 4 months, 3 weeks ago ago #751624

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy