Forums

Forums Categories

Members

Will Pastafari Return in 2013?

(24 posts) (8 voices)
Started 1 year, 9 months ago ago by mootsman
Latest reply from Michrider 1 year, 9 months ago ago

mootsman
  • Has anyone heard if Pastafari will be back in 2013? Pastafari was my favorite place to eat along the way.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479694

Clayhill
  • All the good ones are leaving us. First it was Mama Ralphaels and Fair Trade Coffee. Now Pastafari. Could Farm Boys be far behind?

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479696

Michrider
  • iceman: All the good ones are leaving us. First it was Mama Ralphaels and Fair Trade Coffee. Now Pastafari. Could Farm Boys be far behind?

I miss my morning coffee from the Coffee Hippies (Fair Trade)!!!!!! It was perfect, they were about 10 miles out and had great no-wait service!!!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479697

jwsknk
  • I always thought that for mw anyway, PF was too much both price and serving size for middle of nowhere. But would be good working with a church or other group with a hall in an overnight town.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479702

Clayhill
  • Mich – yet another pm to you. This will make you turn green.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479791

SFC JKL2
  • If you really miss Mama, you can come see here in Madison, GA for the BRAG spring tune-up ride April 5-7.

Feel free to have my serving at Pastafari. Better deals to be had out there.

I prefer Farm Boys as it’s about the only official place where you can get a Diet Coke.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479819

mootsman
  • Any place place serving noodles with a sauce as their main dish is usually over priced. But you’re paying for the convenience of it set up along the route more then the cost of the food. Let’s at least get some new interesting vendors on the route.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479895

Clayhill
  • Quote: If you really miss Mama, you can come see here in Madison, GA for the BRAG spring tune-up ride April 5-7″

Wish I had time to do that in April.

BRAG main ride in June generally looks to be on hard times. Their attendance for the main ride in June 2012 was reported (by BRAG) to be down from all time high about 10 or so years ago to a losing proposition in 2012. In response – this year – they cut the ride back to 6 days and sent out an email asking for donations (really! which I don’t think was very smart marketing on their part) and also reported in the email they lost $69,000 on the 2012 BRAG. Anyway, I hope they do ok in June 2013 on the main ride. They have a good tradition to uphold.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479897

“Bicycle Bill”
  • Iceman, money is tight all over and getting worse every day for a large number of folks.  Some hard decisions have to be made, and things like cross-state bicycle tours, a day at a pro sports event, or tickets to a concert are not as important as making sure there’s food on the table and a roof over one’s head.  I’m afraid that many long-standing events — and not just cycling events like BRAG — may end up shrinking or vanishing altogether.

-”BB”-

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479990

Michrider
  • Beebs, your always the infernal optimist, LOL!!!!!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479991

CyclingRoberto
  • Rubbish! Things are looking up. The fact is Pastafari wasn’t that hot. You can’t dish up the same grub every day and expect to be successful. You want good, try Carbo-Hut! I haven’t heard from Tom and the gang yet, but they serve up tasty, healthy food, with a different special daily.

Now go out and spend some cash!

See you on the road.

BTW BB, watch a movie on YouTube called “Welcome To India.” Inspirational is putting it mildly.

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #479999

Clayhill
  • BB – things may be tight but that does not seem to have slowed RAGBRAI down (nor BRAT or Bon Ton Roulet or the new Yellowstone Ride or Ride the Rockies, etc.). No, I think BRAG’s going to have to move to only northern Georgia routes and do them in cooler weather. Then they will do fine again – I hope. Those flat, southern Georgia routes with average mid-90′s weather just are not going to fare well when the competition (new Yellowstone ride) offers expected highs in the mid to high 70′s, mountain views, etc. in June.

I also am amazed at the cross country ride the Bubba’s Pedalers does each year. Wonder how many people do that ride. Not only is it expensive but holy moly, I looked at their route. They spend a large number of days in the desert (after departing San Diego) through Arizona, New Mexico and then Texas (until they hit the hill country which is nice and green, lots of water). There are some days they don’t even go through a town. You’d really have to want to ride cross the USA to do that. Ever wonder how big Texas really is? More than 40% of the cross USA ride is in Texas. Woof!

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #480000

mootsman
  • Back to the original question, does anyone know if Pastafari will be back. (who cares if you like them, think they cost too much or other rides might go away). I know the health dept shut them down last year. You’d think they could address the issue and return in a year….

Posted 1 year, 9 months ago ago #480001

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2014 RAGBRAI | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy