2023 Registration and RAGBRAI FAQ
- 12 September, 2022
With RAGBRAI 49 complete and (at least in Iowa) the weather is starting to cool, many cyclists’ thoughts are turning to … RAGBRAI 50! As we go through the RAGBRAI inbox we have received a few questions about RAGBRAI 50 registration over and over – so we thought we would share the answers here in a post so that everyone can stay on the same page.
We kept this post to JUST registration-focused questions. We will have many more updates (and surprises!) in the coming months. Or you are always welcome to message us at info@RAGBRAI.com or on our social media pages. You can find us @RAGBRAI on Facebook and Instagram, and @RAGBRAI_Iowa on Twitter and TikTok.
And now on to the questions!
When can I register for RAGBRAI 2023 (RAGBRAI 50)?
- RAGBRAI registration will be open from November 15, 2022 through spring of 2023. We will share information on registration and links here on RAGBRAI.com and on our social media pages.
Do I need a RAGBRAI.com account to register?
- No. You will register via our registration website EnMotive.com. If you’re itching to get a head start on the ride, you can log in to EnMotive.com and create an account. We will post a link to registration on November 15 so you won’t need to worry about searching for it or anything.
How do I secure transportation to/from the ride?
There are a few ways that riders manage this:
- Airport Shuttles (list of shuttles coming soon). Generally these shuttles run from the Des Moines, Omaha, and Chicago airports, and possibly others depending on the RAGBRAI 2023 start and end locations.
- Shuttles from long term parking (list of long term parking transportation options coming soon). Locations of long term parking in the start and end communities will be released in January at the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party.
- Join a club, team, or charter. These organizations generally start in one location, for example Des Moines, and shuttle to the RAGBRAI start location and back to that same town after the ride is complete.
- Official RAGBRAI Clubs and Charters: https://ragbrai.com/charters/ NOTE many of these Clubs/Charters will not open RAGBRAI 50 sign-ups until registration opens on November 15. See each individual Charter for details.
- To find a team, visit our Forum: RAGBRAI.com/forums or or Unofficial RAGBRAI Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1967175560186609 and make friends! Or check with your favorite bike shop for local suggestions.
How do I get hotels for RAGBRAI?
RAGBRAI is a camping event. Since we travel through small town Iowa, often doubling or tripling a town’s population, hotels sell out immediately after the Route Announcement. If you like the finer things in life, we suggest traveling by RV with a support driver, or joining a Charter who can provide extras.
Do you have any resources for new riders to find out more about RAGBRAI?
- First stop, check out our General Information page: https://ragbrai.com/about/general-information/
- For Facebook users, we recommend:
- RAGBRAI L, our largest fan page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1967175560186609
- RAGBRAI Newbies, an amazing resource for first time riders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1125435674634937
- RAGBRAI Drivers, a group for those who drive RAGBRAI Support Vehicles like RVs, Busses, Pickups, etc: https://www.facebook.com/groups/313364714275535
- And finally we also recommend our own JustGoBike Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/justgobike
When will you release the RAGBRAI 50 Route?
Our RAGBRAI 2023/RAGBRAI 50 Route Announcement Party will be January 28, 2023. Join us for the party in Des Moines! Details on the party will be released in the coming months.
At the Route Announcement we announce the 8 Overnight Towns. Then in the first half of March we will announce the full route, including specific roads and pass-through and meeting towns.
Submit a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.
9 hours ago
New on the JustGoBike Podcast! Episode 256: Heath Thompson Loses 250 Pounds and Gears Up for His First RAGBRAI
https://soundcloud.com/justgobike/episode-256-heath-thompson-loses-250-pounds-and-gears-up-for-his-first-ragbrai Meet Heath...
5 days ago
RAGBRAI L riders look no further. Wristband transfers will open on June 1, 2023 via registration for weeklong rider and weeklong...
6 days ago
RAGBRAI 101 is back! On this episode, we go back to the basics, including a little history on RAGBRAI. RAGBRAI 101 is a JustGoBike...
Can you tell me the costs to register for 2023?
Soooo many questions around the new registration model. When we register, do we have to pay then? In full? If so is there a way to cancel later if we end up not being able to go? If so what the last date we can cancel? Is there a fee for canceling? Thanks!
Yep you will need to pay in full when you register. If you need to cancel you have up until May 1st for a refund. You’d get your registration back minus a $25 processing fee. To request a refund you would just need to email info@RAGBRAI.com before May 1. After that you would need to find a buyer for your wristband as has been the case in years past. Hope this helps a little!
@juliepeden All info on registration costs are published here: https://ragbrai.com/ragbrai-l-registration/
Thanks Andrea. Still a bit confused for the EnMotive site makes it sound like there are NO refunds. Please clarify, thanks!
Hi – are you aware of any services to ship bikes to and from the Ragbrai event? e.g., like the Tribike Transport service which is available for some of the main triathlon race circuits
Looking for info on PARKING at the Start in Davenport. Perhaps it’s somewhere on this website, but I haven’t foubnd it.
Presumably I’ll be able to park my car somewhere?!? I’ve booked a shuttle from Start to End but don’t know where I can park.