Below are frequently asked questions about registration, the route, and the ride. If you don’t find the detail you are looking for you can check out our General Information: Questions and Guides page at RAGBRAI.com/about/general-information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
RAGBRAI is no longer hosting the lottery.
Effective November 15, 2021, RAGBRAI will no longer host the weeklong rider lottery. RAGBRAI is still limited to an approximate number of riders and non-riders each year. The ride will still be capped at the same numbers but registration will be based on first-come, first-served basis. If you register and pay, you will automatically be guaranteed a wristband number and entry into the 2022 ride. Wristband numbers will still be issued in May 2022. Riders will receive an email with their wristband number and will have access to view it in their EnMotive account.
If we reach the cap a wait list will be started and riders will be contacted after April 1, 2022 if entries have been opened up. If you aren’t selected off the waitlist you will still have an opportunity to purchase a wristband from riders who are no longer able to attend. We recommend checking the forums on RAGBRAI.com/forums or social media for riders who are looking to transfer their registration credentials.
Moving to guaranteed registration allows riders to start planning for RAGBRAI from the moment they pay for their registration. No more worrying about getting in. Your wristband and entry are guaranteed.
Do I need an EnMotive account and a RAGBRAI.com account?
Your EnMotive account is attached to your RAGBRAI registration. Your RAGBRAI.com account allows you to order merchandise and post on the RAGBRAI.com forums. If you have issues with either account, please reach out to email@example.com
What are the registration types and costs?
We offer three registration types. Weeklong rider, weeklong non-rider and day pass rider options for RAGBRAI. Pricing calendar is listed below by registration type.
Weeklong Rider Registration
Gives you access to the route all eight days. From River to River, you will experience the full RAGBRAI. Price breakdown is below by registration type.
- Early Registration: $175 (November 15th, 2021 – February 28th, 2022)
- Late Registration: $190 (March 1st, 2022 – Closes April 1st, 2022)
Weeklong Non-Rider Registration
We ask that anyone who is traveling with riders and offering support whether that is vehicle support, tent support or moral support register as a non-rider.
- $35 (Opens November 15th, 2021 – Closes April 1st, 2022)
Day Pass Rider Registration
Riders who want to ride any combination of days are able to purchase day passes to meet their needs.
- Early Registration: $35 (Opens November 15th, 2021 – May 1st, 2022)
- Late Registration: $40 (May 1st, 2022 – Closes June 1st, 2022)
- Event Registration: $45 (July 23rd-30th, 2022)
What is included with my registration?
The following is included for all registration types (weeklong rider, weeklong non-rider, day rider):
- Four ambulances and paramedic teams on the route each day.
- Traffic controlled by Iowa State Patrol officers at select high traffic intersections throughout the day.
- Baggage transported from the overnight-to-overnight communities and unloaded for participants at the end of each day.
- Free SAG service, which patrols the route to pick up riders who breakdown either physically or mechanically.
- Ten bicycle repair shops dispersed throughout the route, and additional repair services available in the campgrounds during the day and in the evenings. Participants will pay for their own repairs; however, the shops will offer discounts for registered participants on all repairs, accessories, and RAGBRAI apparel.
- Access to live Entertainment/Bands each night
- Provision for camping locations in each host community, in addition to food vending areas, shuttle services, shower services, and entertainment.
- Portable toilets with hand-washing stations distributed among the official campgrounds.
- Route maps handed out at the community Information Centers and the RAGBRAI Merchandise and Information Trailers.
- Colorful and distinct, route signs that mark the bike route and the separate support vehicle route.
- A free embroidered patch for weeklong riders.
- Bicycle shipping stations at the end of the ride.
- Opportunity to join one of RAGBRAI’s Charters.
- Opportunity to utilize long-term parking in the starting or ending town. Long-term parking service will be denied for individuals not registered for RAGBRAI.
- Gifts for registered support vehicle drivers who attend the training meeting on the Saturday before the ride starts.
- Exclusive access and discounts at food vendors, bicycle repair shops, merchandise booths, and shower facilities for all registered participants displaying their wristbands.
- The annual Expo on the Saturday before the ride starts. The Expo features the latest in bicycle equipment, accessories, and apparel.
- A free Gravel Day and/or Karras Loop patch for registered participants who complete the optional routes.
What is the deadline to register for RAGBRAI XLIX?
- Teams must be registered by April 1, 2022
- Individual Weeklong Riders and Weeklong Non-Riders must be registered by April 1, 2022
- Day pass riders must be registered by June 1, 2022.
Are there specific instructions for the new registration platform?
Yes. You must register through our registration platform, EnMotive. You will be prompted to created and account with them. Please note this account is separate from your RAGBRAI.com account. It is your RAGBRAI registration account.
Do I have to register if I am driving a vehicle?
Yes, all vehicle drivers must register as Weeklong Non-Riders and must include the driver’s name, license plate, make and model of car when purchasing the vehicle passes. There is a limit of 1 vehicle pass per person. If you do not have all the information at point of registration, you can add those later.
Can I add vehicles to my registration?
If you are bringing a support vehicle to assist riders you must register those vehicles and pay for vehicle passes to ensure you have access to RAGBRAI parking lots, campgrounds, and RV campsites. Below is a breakdown of vehicle types and costs.
Riders will be limited to one vehicle per person and you can add a vehicle during registration on the products page.
Vehicles Passes: below are the six types of vehicle passes that we offer. You can add driver name, license plate number, and vehicle after registration if needed.
- RV/Bus: $90
- RV/Bus with trailer: $110
- Truck (Straight truck, Penske, U-Haul, Ryder): $80
- Truck (straight truck, Penske, U-Haul, Ryder) with trailer: $100
- Standard Vehicle (cars, SUV, pick-up truck, and vans): $45
- Standard Vehicle with trailer: $65
Support drivers you will have access to vehicle maps, campgrounds, route into the meeting town each day, and overnight towns.
Vehicle passes may be available for purchase at the RAGBRAI Expo Saturday, July 23rd, 2022 depending on availability.
If you have trouble adding vehicles or are a team captain that needs to purchase more than one to your registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I edit my merchandise order after I complete and/or pay for my registration?
Yes. You can edit merchandise size or add merchandise up until registration closes. To do that you will need to do the following:
- Click on this link: https://ragbrai.enmotive.com/users/login
- Log-in with your EnMotive credentials
- Scroll down to the “Current and Upcoming Events” section
- Click on the “Actions” button and select View Registration
- To the right of the Products header, click on the word EDIT.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can add or edit your product selection.
Will I be able to purchase merchandise with my registration?
Yes, you can add RAGBRAI XLIX sleeved and sleeveless jerseys, RAGBRAI XLIX Gemini tank, shorts, bibs, and basic or premium souvenir packages onto your registration. You receive a discount on jerseys, tanks, shorts, and bibs if purchased with your registration.
You can see a full list of our official RAGBRAI merchandise on our store at RAGBRAI.com/shop.
As a Team Captain can I register multiple vehicles
Yes, but in order to make this request email email@example.com
What if I need to cancel my registration?
If you need to cancel your registration, you can do so before April 1, 2022, and receive a refund less $25. After April 1, 2022, all sales are final, and information about transferring your registration will be posted in June.
If you have paid, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your refund.
If you have not paid, you can cancel your registration through EnMotive and follow the steps below.
- Visit ragbrai.enmotive.com/users/login
- Sign in using your EnMotive credentials
- Scroll down to your registration
- Click on the “Action” Button and select Cancel Registration
- Click Yes, cancel my registration button
Can I add a minor or dependent to my registration?
Yes. You can add a minor or dependent to your registration in multiple ways.
ADDING A CHILD WHEN YOU REGISTER:
You will need to complete your registration first. On the REVIEW ORDER screen, there will be a button at the bottom of the page that says “Register a Another Person” click on that button and follow the prompts to register your child as you did your registration. You will be sent a private link via email (or yours) to sign the online waiver.
ADDING A CHILD AFTER YOU COMPLETED YOUR REGISTRATION:
- Visit, ragbrai.enmotive.com/users/login
- Click the REGISTER NOW button.
- Follow the same prompts and type in infomration about your child.
- Proceed to payment to complete their registraiton.
- Ensure you check your email or theirs to sign their online waiver.
Can I register for someone else under my account?
Yes. You can now register another adult or minor along with your registration. On the “Review Registrant” page of registration you will be asked to “Register Another Person” or “Proceed to Checkout”, click the “Register Another Person” button and fill out the registration form for them. Please note they will receive a private link to sign their online waiver. They must sign the waiver to complete their registration. It will not be considered valid until this happens.
Can I submit a paper application?
Paper applications are no longer being accepted at this time. The deadline February 15, 2022.