The FAQ covers questions around COVID-19, general questions, questions for transfer riders, team captains, and all other riders, and details on the new registration system. If you still can’t find answers to your questions try our general information page and if you still can’t find the answers please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
RAGBRAI’S PLANS RELATED TO COVID-19 ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND UPDATING BASED ON THE CHANGING FACTS AND CIRCUMSTANCES OF AND ATTENDANT TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND ALL VARIANTS THEREOF, INCLUDING FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS, REGULATIONS, RESTRICTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT MEANT TO BE AN INCLUSIVE LIST OF ALL HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES THAT WILL BE TAKEN, NOR DOES IT OBLIGATE RAGBRAI TO UNDERTAKE ALL THE MEASURES SET FORTH HEREIN. RATHER IT SETS FORTH GENERAL GUIDELINES WHICH WILL BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT IN FORMULATING AND EXECUTING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES FOR RAGBRAI® XLVIII. THIS PLAN REPRESENTS RAGBRAI’S BEST BUSINESS JUDGMENT BASED ON FACTS AND CIRCUMSTANCES AS OF May 24, 2021. RAGBRAI IS NOT UNDERTAKING ANY OBLIGATION TO UPDATE THIS DOCUMENT. RAGBRAI DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE SUCCESS OR EFFICACY OF ANY MEASURES UNDERTAKEN WITH RESPECT TO ANY EVENT
1. What is your cancellation policy?
You can request a full refund by emailing email@example.com before April 15, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. CST. Refunds will not be given after April 15, 2021. See our transfer policy for details on how to sell your wristband.
2. Are you restricting registration numbers for this year’s ride?
We are not restricting the number of riders beyond our normal restrictions. That means 10,000 weeklong registered riders. Weeklong non-riders and day pass riders will not be restricted either.
3. Will there be increased sanitization along the route?
Hand sanitizer must be available at all vendor locations, in SAG wagons, and will be provided to towns for entertainment venues, and volunteer use.
4. What other measures are you implementing to ensure the health and safety of your riders?
Though we will continue to defer to current state guidelines regarding COVID-19 mitigation and we expect the further relaxing of rules & guidelines regarding various safety measures, as of this date RAGBRAI expects to implement the following set of protocols for the safe & responsible execution of the event in July.
- Hand sanitizer must be available at all vendor locations, in SAG wagons, and will be provided to towns for entertainment venues & volunteer use.
- Appropriate COVID-19 mitigation signage templates will be provided by RAGBRAI and posted by towns at the entrance to all areas on the ride expected to have large numbers of participants or spectators.
- All venues & towns will be encouraged to recommend outdoor dining to their restaurants & bars.
- Indoor-hosted housing will not be supported by RAGBRAI.
RAGBRAI reserves the right to add or remove any of the above mitigation methods based on current State of Iowa recommendations and industry best practices.
5. Will RAGBRAI require proof of a negative COVID-19 test to participate?
No, we will not require online pre-event health screenings for riders, crew, vendors, or volunteers.
6. How will you ensure the safety of the volunteers, community members?
As with riders, we are creating policies and protocols that all vendors, volunteers, and RAGBRAI Crew will have to adhere to. We’ve invested in a platform that allows us to communicate directly with all extensions of our volunteers, crew, and vendors to ensure consistency in communication and execution by town.
7. Will this impact the vendors along the route?
Our goal is to maximize vendors along the route, in meeting towns, and in overnight towns to ensure social distancing. They will be required to offer hand sanitizer.
9. How do I sell my wristband?
Riders who are no longer able to attend and need to transfer the sale of their wristband can follow the instructions below for completing the process in EnMotive for RAGBRAI.
Step 1: The seller identifies a buyer and arranges the “sale” of the registration credentials. The credentials include a wristband, bike band, luggage tag, license plate, and a participant guide.
Step 2: Once the seller and the buyer agree to the terms the seller must initiate the transfer in the EnMotive registration system to ensure the wristband number is transferred and the buyer signs the waiver. Failure to do this step renders the sale invalid to RAGBRAI.
Step 3: To transfer the registration in EnMotive follow the steps below.
- The seller goes to ragbrai.enmotive.com
- Clicks login in the upper right-hand corner
- Scroll to Current and Upcoming Events
- Click the blue Actions drop-down and select “Transfer registration”
- Type in the buyer’s email address
- An email will be sent to the buyer’s email (check your junk too)
- The buyer has 48 hours to go through the transfer link, if it expires the seller we have to follow the steps above to resend the transfer link
- The buyer clicks the transfer link to accept the transfer offer and then follows the steps of registration.
- Once the buyer completes the transfer no further action is needed by either the seller or the buyer.
- Transferred wristband numbers will be uploaded to the buyer’s registration daily at 2 pm CST. Follow the steps below for accessing your wristband number in the system.
PLEASE NOTE: The registration packet will be sent to the seller (we have to do this to get registration packets out to all riders in time for the ride). The seller will need to arrange to ship their packet to the buyer once it is received.
How to access your wristband number: reminder transfer wristband numbers are uploaded daily at 2 pm CST.
- Go to ragbrai.enmotive.com
- Click login in the upper right corner
- Scroll to Current and Upcoming Events
- Click the blue Actions dropdown
- Select View Registration
- Your wristband number will appear here
10. How will team members be able to see who has registered for the team? Will they be able to see team members' information?
They can view their team from their registration once they are paid and the other team member is paid too. They will not be able to see full contact information just name and they will only be able to see team members who’ve paid.
11. I am the team captain but also requested my 2020 ride be transferred this year. Will that impact anything?
All transfer riders will be uploaded into the new registration system prior to go-live which means an account will be created for them. Their full registration information will be loaded to their registration by January 2021. That includes: product (if that hasn’t already been shipped) and vehicle passes. Each transfer rider will have to go in and reset their password in order to access their account.
12. Are we going to be able to send out team emails from our account?
Yes, you can invite team members to register and you can email those that have already registered. You can customize the message. You can send the email directly from the registration platform or you can copy and paste the email and send it from your group/team email directly. You have the flexibility to do it however you would like.
13. Can minors/dependents sign online waivers or do they need to send in a paper waiver?
The new registration system allows guardians to register for a minor/dependent via your account and signs the waiver online.
1.When will the full route be announced?
The full route (pass-thru towns) will be announced at the end of January in lieu of an in-person route announcement party. More details will be shared soon!
1. Are there specific instructions for the new registration platform?
Yes. There are specific instructions for team captains and transfer riders.
2. What is the deadline to register for RAGBRAI XLVIII?
- Teams must be registered by April 15, 2021
- Individual weeklong riders and weeklong non-riders must be registered by April 15, 2021
- Day pass riders must be registered by June 01, 2021.
3. What does it cost to ride RAGBRAI?
Below is a breakdown of the different registration types and vehicle costs to attend RAGBRAI. This doesn’t include food or drinks.
- Weeklong Rider Registration is $175
- Weeklong Non-Rider Registration is $35
- Day Rider Pass Registration: $30/day*
*Day rider passes aren’t on-sale at this time.
- RV/Bus is $70
- Straight Truck; Penske, U-Haul, Ryder is $40
- Other: SUV/Sedan is $40
4. What is included with my registration?
The following is included for all registration types (weeklong rider, weeklong non-rider, day rider):
- Four ambulances and paramedic teams on the route each day.
- Traffic controlled by Iowa State Patrol officers at select high traffic intersections throughout the day.
- Baggage transported from the overnight-to-overnight communities and unloaded for participants at the end of each day.
- Free SAG service, which patrols the route to pick up riders who breakdown either physically or mechanically.
- Ten bicycle repair shops dispersed throughout the route, and additional repair services available in the campgrounds during the day and in the evenings. Participants will pay for their own repairs; however, the shops will offer discounts for registered participants on all repairs, accessories, and RAGBRAI apparel.
- Provision for camping locations in each host community, in addition to food vending areas, shuttle services, shower services, and entertainment.
- Portable toilets with hand-washing stations distributed among the official campgrounds.
- Route maps handed out at the community Information Centers and the RAGBRAI Merchandise and Information Trailers.
- Colorful and distinct, route signs that mark the bike route and the separate support vehicle route.
- A free embroidered patch for weeklong riders.
- Bicycle shipping stations at the end of the ride.
- Opportunity to join one of RAGBRAI’s Charters.
- Opportunity to utilize long-term parking in the starting or ending town. Long-term parking service will be denied for individuals not registered for RAGBRAI.
- Gifts for registered support vehicle drivers who attend the training meeting on the Saturday before the ride starts.
- Exclusive access and discounts at food vendors, bicycle repair shops, merchandise booths, and shower facilities for all registered participants displaying their wristbands.
- The annual Expo on the Saturday before the ride starts. The Expo features the latest in bicycle equipment, accessories, and apparel.
- A free Gravel Loop and/or Karras Loop patch for registered participants who complete the optional Karras Loop.
5. Will I be able to purchase merchandise with my registration?
Yes, you can add RAGBRAI XLVIII sleeved and sleeveless jerseys, RAGBRAI XLVIII Gemini tank, shorts, bibs, and basic or premium souvenir packages onto your registration. You receive a discount on jerseys, tanks, shorts and bibs if purchased with your registration.
You can see a full list of our official RAGBRAI merchandise on our store at RAGBRAI.com/shop.
6. Can I edit my merchandise order after I complete and/or pay for my registration?
Yes. You can edit merchandise size or add merchandise up until registration closes. To do that you will need to do the following:
- Click on this link: https://ragbrai.enmotive.com
- Click log-on in the upper right corner
- Scroll down to the “Current and Upcoming Events” section
- Click on the “Actions” button and select View Registration
- To the right of the Products header, click on the word EDIT.
- You will be taken to a screen where you can add or edit your product selection.
7. Can I add vehicles to my registration?
Vehicles can be added to teams of three or more by team captains only. Once a team has three team members that have completed their registration (paid, signed waiver) the team captain can add the vehicles under their registration. Teams can add a maximum of three vehicles. All drivers must be registered as weeklong non-riders to be verified.
Steps to add vehicles:
- Team captain: log on to your account
- Scroll to your RAGBRAI XLVIII registration
- Click on the ‘Actions’ drop-down menu
- Select ‘View Registration’
- Scroll down towards the bottom of the page until you see the three vehicles you can purchase.
- Select the vehicles and add the driver’s name for each vehicle you register.
- Click ‘Add to Cart’
- Add payment information and complete the purchase.
8. Do I have to register if I am driving a vehicle?
Yes, all vehicle drivers must register as weeklong non-riders and the team captain must include the driver’s name when purchasing the vehicle passes. There is a limit of 3 vehicle passes per team.
9. What if I need to cancel my registration?
If you need to cancel your registration, you can do so before April 15, 2021, and receive a full refund. After April 15, 2021, all sales are final.
If you have paid, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org to request your refund.
If you have not paid, you can cancel your registration through EnMotive and follow the steps below.
- Visit ragbrai.enmotive.com
- Click on Log-in in the upper right corner
- Scroll down to your registration
- Click on the Actions Button and select Cancel Registration
- Click Yes, cancel my registration button
*Please note the special COVID-19 cancellation policy listed under the COVID-19 section of the FAQ for full terms.
10. Can I add a minor or dependent to my registration?
Yes. You can add a minor or dependent to your registration in multiple ways.
- You will need to complete your registration first. On the REVIEW ORDER screen, there will be a button at the bottom of the page that says “Register a Child/Dependent” click on that button and follow the prompts to register a child/dependent as you did your registration.
- If you’ve already completed your registration. Visit, RAGBRAI.com/register, and click the REGISTER NOW button. Follow the same prompts as registering for yourself but instead type in the information for your dependent on the Choose Registrant page. They must be 18 years of age or younger.
11. Can I register for two adults under my account?
No, you can only register for yourself and a child/dependent. All adult riders must fill out their own online registration and sign their own waiver.
12. Can I submit a paper application?
Yes, paper applications for individual riders only are available starting December 7 and the deadline to submit a paper application is February 15, 2021. Paper application and payment can be mailed to the RAGBRAI office. Download a paper application here:
- Attn: RAGBRAI Fees
- 400 Locust St.
- Suite 500
- Des Moines, Iowa 50309
13. How does the lottery work?
RAGBRAI is limited to approximate numbers of riders and non-riders each year. Entries can’t exceed the number of riders allowed, so a random computer lottery takes place after all the entries are entered into the computer. You must register and provide payment in order to be considered for the lottery. Just because your check is cashed, or your credit card is charged does not mean you were selected in the lottery. If not selected, you will receive a full refund back onto the credit card used or via check from Gannett Shared Services.
For weeklong riders, it is not on a first-come, first-served basis. Everyone who completes a weeklong rider registration between December 7, 2020, and April 15, 2021, will go through the lottery. Lottery results will be communicated to registrants starting on May 01, 2021
1. I registered for 2020 but didn’t pay. Do I need to re-register in 2021?
Yes, you will need to re-register for the 2021 ride via the new registration platform.
2. I transferred my 2020 ride to 2021. What do I need to do?
Your registration was transferred to the new registration platform and a user account was created for you. Please see the next question for how to reset your password.
How-to Register guide can be found here: REGISTERING FOR RAGBRAI
3. How do I access my registration/account in the new registration system?
Your 2021 registration/account is associated with the email address you used to register for RAGBRAI in 2020. If you don’t remember what that email address is please email email@example.com
You will need to follow the steps below to access your new account through EnMotive.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Step 1: Visit https://ragbrai.enmotive.com/
- Step 2: Click Login located in the upper right corner
- Step 3: Click “Forgot Password”
- Step 4: Enter the email address associated with your 2020 RAGBRAI registration. (this is the only email associated with your new EnMotive account)
- Step 5: An email will be sent from sender: EnMotive with a reset password link. Click on that and follow the instructions.
- Step 6: Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Step 7: Access “My Account” in the upper right corner
If you have trouble, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. I am a team captain. What should I do if some of my riders transferred and some didn’t?
If you are a team captain and have not heard from RAGBRAI we will be in touch with you by end of next week with instructions for how to handle transfer riders and new registrants.
Please note your transfer riders received an email on December 4th with instructions on how to access their new account.
5. I transferred my ride from 2020 to 2021 but can’t make it anymore. Can I request a refund?
Yes, to request a refund, email email@example.com prior to April 15, 2021. All sales are final after April 15, 2021.
6. I transferred my ride from 2020 to 2021 but can’t make it anymore. Can I transfer my registration to another rider?
Yes. You can transfer your registration and will need to follow the transfer procedures to validate the transfer. A resold credential will not be valid unless it is officially transferred via RAGBRAI.com to the new owner before the event begins. This procedure not only transfers the wristband but also the liability associated with it. To transfer a wristband, the new owner of the wristband must complete an online transfer form and submit a waiver before the start of the ride in order to properly transfer the wristband to their name. If the online transfer form and waiver are not completed, the wristband and the liability for it will remain in the original purchaser’s name. The online transfer form will be available at the beginning of July 2021 on RAGBRAI.com. Full transfer details can be found at: RAGBRAI.com/general under the Registration section.
7. Will my merchandise transfer with my registration?
Yes, if you purchased a basic or premium souvenir pack it was transferred with your registration. You can confirm the details under your EnMotive account by clicking on “My Account” and then View Registration or View Order. Your souvenir pack will ship with your registration packet in June/July 2021.
If you purchased a RAGBRAI XLVIII jersey, Gemini tank, shorts, or bibs those items were shipped in the summer of 2020. If you didn’t receive them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Will my vehicle pass(es) transfer with my ride?
Yes. Your vehicle pass will transfer with your registration. Starting in January 2021, you can confirm the details under your EnMotive account by clicking on “My Account” and then “View Registration” or “View Order”
9. Am I immune from the lottery if I transferred from the 2020 ride to 2021?
Yes, you are immune from the lottery however your wristband/bike band and rider credentials will not be confirmed until May 2021 and your rider packet will not arrive until June/July 2021.