Cedar Valley Cyclists (CVC) is a non-profit, bicycling organization located in Waterloo/Cedar Falls, Iowa. The mission of CVC is to promote safe, social, and inclusive bicycling activities for people of all ages and abilities.
As part of this mission, CVC:
- Promotes bicycle safety
- Supports local, state, and national bicycling and trails organizations
- Advocates for increased support for cycling among the general public, government agencies, and elected officials
- Hosts ride to support local charities
- Assists with local cycling events
- And organizes a support charter for RAGBRAI
WHAT CVC OFFERS RAGBRAI RIDERS:
VISIT THEIR SITE
- Buses. CVC transports riders from Waterloo to the beginning town and back from the ending town via air-conditioned, tour-stye buses.
- Bikes & gear. CVC uses enclosed trucks to transport bikes and gear to and from RAGBRAI and transport gear between overnight towns all week.
- Campsites. CVC scouts and reserves a campsite in each overnight town.
- Directions to the campsite. From the bright yellow directional signage along the route to the pocket-size campground map, or your daily text message finding the CVC campground should be a breeze.
- Canopy. CVC has a 20-foot by 30-foot canopy. Many campgrounds have little or no shade so the canopy is very nice on sunny days or rainy days.
- Beverages. CVC provides coolers with iced water and other beverages under the canopy. Payment is on the honor system, so we ask that you contribute to what you consume.
- Chairs. CVC brings about 50 plastic chairs for everyone to use under the canopy.
- Luggage. There is no limit on luggage. Bring as many bags as you need, but pack only what you will need and use.
- Shower stalls. CVC brings 4 shower stalls to use with solar shower bags.
- Restroom facilities. CVC provides our own porta-potties (known as Kybos on RAGBRAI) in each overnight town. There will also be water available nearby and hand sanitizing stations.
- Charging station. CVC has charging stations for all electronic devices – bring your own chargers.
- Odds and ends. CVC brings floor pumps to air up tires and electric air pumps to inflate air mattresses as well as other miscellaneous amenities.
ROGER WHITE/RANDY KLUG
PO BOX 2463
WATERLOO, IA 50704
Phone: 319-240-8279 (Roger)