RAGBRAI LI Day Passes are still available!

Reply To: Logistics Questions From Newbies

kmayes, February 6, 2016 at 9:34 pm

As a veteran of six RAGBRAI’s, I have two additional suggestions to add to those mentioned above.
#1: When texting, include in your message the time you are sending the text. There are occasional delays in actual sending and/or receiving texts which can result in a whole new meaning for the messages, i.e. if someone texts at 10:00 a.m. “Now in xyz town.” and it is not received until 12:00, the driver and/or riders may very well be elsewhere by time the message is received so the information is outdated. Future updated messages may or may not have been sent and/or received. Also, several times for us we would receive messages that were sent earlier well after messages that were sent later. Just remember it is not an exact science and is all part of the adventure!
#2: This may or may not be urban myth; however, I have heard that reservations for rental vans, trailers, etc., should be made as early as possible due to the fact that many people across the U.S. are considering doing the exact same thing you are and some rental facilities may run out of available inventory.
ENJOY the ride!

#1123313 |

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters