RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Reply To: Strava

Marla Shifflett, May 8, 2017 at 8:19 pm

I like running Strava. I used it during RAGBRAI last year with no problems (Sprint is my cell carrier). Folks with AT&T (one of my riding partners) couldn’t use their phone for hardly anything other than a camera. Dockat: When I open Strava on my computer, on the regular activity feed page there is a “+” sign in the upper right corner. You can upload activities from a number of sources or manually enter as well. Those miles then end up on the National Bike Challenge, too. I have used that feature when my cell phone battery dies or I don’t run Strava for whatever reason. I have used Strava for “emergency” uses as well, such as finding my way back by vehicle to a stranded riding partner with a breakdown, tracing my path back when I’ve gotten lost, etc. I also enjoy the interaction with other biking friends. I love the heat maps for finding places to bike when visiting a new city or rural area. It works well for me. The others I’ve used worked well, too, but Strava seems to be more intuitive for me.

#1263865 |

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI