RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Reply To: Tips for the Morning – Inquiring minds want to know!

Dueywife, May 23, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Check with your charter, they will probably have a set time they need all bags/gear loaded on the trucks to move to the next town, so plan accordingly.
I would also venture to assume your charter will be providing showers and a majority of riders shower after coming in for the day vs. in the morning. I prefer getting all the sunscreen and road grime off of me before enjoying the evening festivities. The next day, I’m just going out for another long day’s ride and undoing it all anyways :) I would also assume that’s included with your charter benefits.
As for breakfast, I usually eat a little something (Clif bar, banana, granola bar, etc.) before I start the day, it can be 10 miles to the first town of the day and you’ll need fuel to get there. You can usually find first breakfast in the overnight town before you hit the road. For second breakfast I recommend Farm Boys breakfast burritos, Kris Kakes, Biscuits and Gravy served by the VFW, heck even Mr. Porkchop has served as breakfast on the route. There are too many options to list and the signs leading to that first town will make you all the more hungry.
I would also agree with $50/day for food and drinks.
Enjoy!

#1265864 |

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI