RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

Reply To: Training

Luv 2 Ski, June 5, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Ken,

My son and I rode the Udder yesterday as well. It was a great day and good training for RAGBRAI, heat and head winds.

We rode the 76 mile loop and when we got back to the collage the temp was 89 degrees, and our miles were at 78. By far the hottest day of riding for us this year. As you experienced, 18.8 miles out of the first 26.9 were directly into the constant head wind coming from the west. Then a lot of cross wind going north on the way out and south on the way home. Luckily the wind did not change and we got some push from the wind at our backs whenever we turned east on the way home. That did make for a fun ride coming back to the college. As I have said to my son many times the only way to prepare for what wind can do to you both physically and mentally is to ride in it and yesterday was one of those days.

Yesterday’s ride put me over 155 for the week and I just crossed the 500 mile mark since the beginning of May. With six full weeks left for training I should hit my goal of 1,200 by the ride.

#1268864 |

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI