RAGBRAI LI July 20 -27, 2024

Reply To: TJ’s Transparency Just Got a Bit Foggy

KenH, October 28, 2019 at 11:20 am

TJ’s story is preposterous. He bends over backwards to explain how what he has done and is doing does not mean what it seems to mean. But the sheer number of facts that point to him being someone who has become possessive of RAGBRAI over the years and has been looking for an excuse to pull the trigger on a takeover plan is too compelling to ignore. He is trying to steal it from the Register. He could have pulled his supporters together and put a buyout plan on the table for the Register to consider. I have to believe that it is in the Register’s best interest in the long run to loosen their ties to the ride. A reasonable offer would have given them all the benefits they currently get from the ride without any of the liabilities and it is hard to imagine them saying no.

But that would have left TJ beholden to his investors. I don’t think that is what he wants. He wants to get full control of the ride on the cheap and there is no cheaper way to get that than by stealing it. And that is exactly what he is attempting to do. I’d love to seem him make BACOON into a week long ride. I hope his attempt to steal RAGBRAI fails.

#1312405 |

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters