RAGBRAI LI July 20 -27, 2024

Reply To: Recumbent style RAGBRAI jerseys

Low Rider, May 29, 2022 at 6:51 pm

I have recumbent jerseys to wear. Mostly made by Primal. They will lump the recumbent jerseys in with the regular jerseys for counts on pricing. I have convinced other manufacturers (PI and Champion Systems) to make recumbent jerseys as well. I would like to have the RAGBRAI jerseys that others get each year. Just trying to be part of the entire experience. Last year, for the first time in 10 RAGBRAIs I had a RAGBRAI jersey to wear on RAGBRAI jersey day, even though it was a RAGBRAI jersey from a previous year.

I register usually on November 15 every year and would order and pay for a recumbent jersey at that time. RAGBRAI’s marketing machine could let people know a cut off date for the acquisition of recumbent jerseys. I find it hard to believe that a sincere effort to offer recumbent jerseys could not yield a first pass at a solution in over the two years they claim to have been trying to make it happen.

As for my rig, my center of gravity is suspended low among 3 wheels (2 in the back and 1 in the front). As a hydration system, I attach a Camelbak to the back of my rig. Probably only I find it interesting the best fit was the model made for kayaking. With my embedded loop heart monitor, probably soon to be replaced by a pacemaker, I have to be careful where and how strong the magnets are around me. I scan most riders’ rigs to see where and how they attach things. Seeing what you do will probably trigger some ideas of ways I can better adapt my equipment.

Lowrider also refers to where my Blood Glucose level hovers as I ride, as a Type 1 diabetic.

Would be glad to meet up and talk. All week long I do LSD (Long Slow Distance) so just about anyone can catch me, talk, and not be out of breath.

#1375222 |

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters