RAGBRAI LI July 20 -27, 2024

Reply To: BOYFRIEND RIDING BANDIT AND I DON'T WANT TO

fleetmack, July 5, 2011 at 11:52 am

Just like the rest of us, you have the right to post on this board and make ridiculous statements, but this last one proves that you’re abusing the privilege.

Miss Cellania was pretty much dead on with her assessment about “dumb blondes”.  You’re just digging yourself in deeper and deeper.”

This made me chuckle as it was in response to what I’d consider a generalization or stereotype as TB said something to the effect of “you need to pay because you cannot support your own ride across Iowa”.  I interpreted what TB said to mean not you=HH, but you=those who cannot support their own ride.  If he/she did mean you=HH, then yes, that was ignorant as he/she doesn’t know if HH has the means to support.  But if he/she meant the latter, then it isn’t a presumptuous statement at all.

What I thought was that the above quote, I interpreted to say “do not generalize or presume things, nor stereotype” …. then it references the stereotype and presumptuous notion that all blondes are dumb.

I liked jwo’s assements, although it’d be a little more enjoyable to read if it mentioned the ‘Clones instead of that other team!

#20309 |

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters