RAGBRAI LI July 20 -27, 2024

Reply To: BOYFRIEND RIDING BANDIT AND I DON'T WANT TO

mclousing, July 5, 2011 at 8:35 pm

gymrat said: We all know what’s right and what’s wrong.  We need to follow our morals and live up to our values.  I have a 16 year old son who watches everything I do and I am his leader in life.  We must do the right thing not only for ourselves but for the children who mimic us.  I am looking forward to this new experience where I will meet new, fun and energetic people!!  I can only pray that my knees will hold up!!!  lol!! As I still feel disappointed my bf is riding bandit, I cannot change his mind. At this point,  I can only be responsible for myself.  Please God watch over all of us to have a safe ride!! 

Hey Gymrat, I echo your request for God to watch over us all.  One thing I am thinking from this thread, you said you are new to biking  and actually had to get a bike for the ride.  If at all posible go to a LBS and get the bike fitted for you.  Yeah it costs money but it seriously cuts down injury and pain.  Also with having bad knees (mine are carteledge free :) ).  the best thing you can do is ride a bike, but make sure you keep your cadence high.  When you have a high cadence it is less pressure on your knees, if you are a low cadence you are increasing the risk of injury to your knees.

#20314 |

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters