1st Ragbrai

Just Wanting advice on everything. Do i Join a group or go as individual? What all should I pack? What can I expect in the towns you go through? How easy is it to find a spot to set up your tent? And Just any other general information on what to expect my father-in-law got me into cycling a little over a year ago and i’m hooked and am super excited but just don’t know what to expect here.

16 Replies

Luv 2 Ski, February 1, 2018 at 2:36 pm

Joe Cona,

As jwsknk said most people come into town on Saturday. Last year my son and I decided to get to the start town on Friday and we are glad we did, and we will get to Onawa on Friday this year as well. What I liked best was getting up early Saturday and riding around Orange City. Especially seeing the vendors setting up in the square Saturday morning when no one was around, and then later in the day seeing the place packed. It was a great way to ease into the week. The rest of our team came in Saturday afternoon and we were so relaxed while they were all moving quickly to get stuff ready for the next day. I will come in on Friday every year If I can arrange it.

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI