1st time solo Wisco rider looking a team

Hello, 2021 will be my first RAGBRAI ride. I am looking for a laid-back adult team that can ride, but knows how to have a good time.
I will be coming from SE WI and can meet up for some rides prior to the event if that is practical.

6 Replies

Team Wimpy, February 2, 2021 at 7:50 pm

Hello Chris,

I will let you know that Team Wimpy has a few open spots left for this years ride. Please contact me at jeff@bikewimpy.com and I can share some details with you. I also would like to see know where you live as I am from Madison area and would like to find others to ride with in the area.

mootsman, February 3, 2021 at 7:53 am

Since you’re both looking for people to ride with in the Madison area I’d suggest the Bombay Bicycle Club of Madison. They have rides most weekends and some evenings in the area. They have a website at: https://bombaybicycle.org/

Also for a group to go with on RAGBRAI maybe consider a charter that takes care of all your needs like Pork Belly. They even have rental tents that set up and break down each day and deliver your luggage to the tent and pick it up. For a true wimp like me it seems more vacation like the less work there is to do. (pkbelly.com)

This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by mootsman.

cyduke, February 3, 2021 at 9:36 am

There must be a few RAGBRAI riders around here. I live on the Far West side of Madison, and usually will see at least a few people riding, wearing RAGBRAI jerseys just about every week.

Team Wimpy, February 3, 2021 at 7:21 pm

I will have to look you up some time this spring to hook up and go on a ride.

Take care

Emily Z, February 22, 2021 at 9:23 am

hello all! I have a group of 3 who are looking to tag along with anyone coming from the Madison area with a vehicle. Alternatively, we might plan for a vehicle. Just trying to get a Madison group together. We have a trike and two road bikes. Please email me if you want to coordinate. ezimmerman2@wisc.edu

This reply was modified 4 days, 16 hours ago by Emily Z.

Art Tillman, February 22, 2021 at 11:07 am

Elkhorn Wi here, Where do you live we could give you suggestions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015