RAGBRAI LI Route Announced on Jan. 27!

2016 Logo and Jersey

So I am thinking the new logo and jersey should be revealed soon. Am I right in my thinking?

56 Replies

Michrider !!!, November 24, 2015 at 8:45 am

Sorry S.P. but I disagree. I like it!!! As to the clues, they are there now. We just need to interpret them!!!!

Amanda, November 24, 2015 at 10:20 am

Computer moniters can really mess with colors. I saw the jersey on my phone and thought muted but then I looked on my laptop and it was better. I am thinking the colors will be much better in person. Computers can be our friends and our enemies!

jwsknk, November 24, 2015 at 11:47 am

ew, but just say the whole jersey design, maybe the big clue is St Louis?

KenH, November 24, 2015 at 12:48 pm

I like the logo design well enough. I’d go on a ride with that logo! If you make a new one every year then everyone will have favorites and not-so-favorites. If you use the same logo every year then everyone will be stuck with it forever, be it good or bad. I like having a fresh one every year.

I can’t seem to find the link to the jerseys right now (or am I just imagining that one was posted?) but they looked nice to me (in my imagination?). No, I cannot say that I have ever seen any RAGBRAI jersey that is so delightful as to draw everyone, everywhere to Iowa as relentlessly as zombies are drawn to fresh brains! But realistically that is quite difficult to do, even once, let alone every few years. Every RAGBRAI jersey I have see rises well above my minimum standards. And like the Divine Miss M, I do have standards. They are low but I have them!

My favorite jersey so far is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Wales-Short-Sleeve-Cycling-Jersey/dp/B00EDKRYOI

which of course has nothing to do with RAGBRAI. Like all my favorite jerseys it commemorates or honors something I love: Wales! The country, the people, and the flag. And it drew a lot of comments and questions so it isn’t just me who finds it striking. If I could be Welsh I would be but I am not and I felt bad about disappointing the many folks who asked me if I was, including a couple who were … On the other hand the Webster City Spamalot cast was not disappointed at all, they were delighted to have me pose for a picture with them in a jersey that seemed to fit right in with their costumes!

KenH, November 24, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Thanks, it wasn’t my imagination then! On further review I like it as well as I like any RAGBRAI jersey I have seen. It has a tasteful simplicity about it although those three spoked, cogged wheels are beginning to haunt me.

WHAT ARE THEY?!? Or better yet, WHERE ARE THEY???

I can’t fail to notice that the photo that accompanies the registration is open announcement on the RAGBRAI home page echoes some of the elements of the logo, including a pyramid in the background. If anyone happens to recognize where that photo was take there could even be a route clue in there. The Register has to be laughing about the success of their clues in the logo scheme. They have me, at least, seeing clues everywhere!

jwsknk, November 25, 2015 at 8:25 am

who’s the arborist? what kind of leaf is that? Not Oak (as in Oakdale or Red Oak)or Maple (as in Mapleton) or Linden (as in Linden). is the type of leaf even a clue?

Iceman, November 25, 2015 at 10:19 am

Want to see THE best jersey ever? Go to this link for NYC jersey archives, 6th picture down. Statue of Liberty in a bike helmet. Great! I’d kill to buy one.

http://nycc.org/about-us/nycc-jersey-archives

Papa T, December 7, 2015 at 7:33 pm

Hello all, Just wanted you to know Papa T is back. Been gone a while but looking forward to seeing you all in July! Love all my Ragbrai friends. Did I mention I cannot wait?

Amanda, December 8, 2015 at 8:04 am

Papa T!!!! So GLAD you are BACK!! I tried to PM you but it doesn’t work for me. :(

Love you and see you SOON!!!

RoyBoy, December 8, 2015 at 2:49 pm

Glad you’re back Papa T!

Viewing 11 replies - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters