RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

2017 Overnight Towns Guess

I know this thread will get replaced when the 2017 topic is created but with registration opening in 3 weeks, why not.

My guess, a northern route but a little further south then the last northern route that got so close to Minnesota. A couple of larger towns also since last year so many were small.

Hawarden
Cherokee
Lake City
Ames
Toledo
Waterloo
Manchester
Dubuque

137 Replies

Ken Reed, January 16, 2017 at 10:12 am

ciscore: I think everything is lining up for a northern route then. I just hope that Orange City either isn’t the start town or if it is, they understand that it’s RAGBRAI and we are making them $$$ if you know what I mean.

Ken Reed, January 16, 2017 at 7:32 pm

genefruit, January 17, 2017 at 8:06 am

If the Clear Lake leak legit, then possibly

Sioux City
Sheldon
Emmetsburg
Clear Lake
New Hampton
Decorah
Manchester
Dubuque

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/15581361

derek duncan, January 17, 2017 at 9:25 am

genefruit – I like your thinking…. except Decorah wouldn’t want Ragbrai on the day that their annual festival starts.

http://www.nordicfest.com/site/nordic-fest-entertainment-and-activities.html

Plus… we were just in Emmetsburg 3 years ago. Too soon.

Ken Reed, January 17, 2017 at 10:20 am

I would think that RAGBRAI coming to town would generate more money than the Nordic Festival, but whatever. I think it would be a great way to start Nordic Fest. Decorah is WAY overdue. Anyway, I know I’ve done a ton of different route predictions on this thread but in light of the Clear Lake leaks, here is my final final prediction:
Sat) Orange City
Sun) Spencer
Mon) Estherville
Tue) Algona
Wed) Clear Lake
Thur) New Hampton
Fri) West Union or Decorah (fingers crossed for Decorah)
Sat) Lansing

I’m really excited for Saturday to get here.

T. Gap Woo, January 17, 2017 at 10:37 am

BAM! It hit me like a bolt out of the blue, after many years of unsuccessfully guessing the route in its entirety.

Everyone’s guess is correct………….

………..until TJ announces the route at the RAP. Then most of us are proven wrong, AGAIN. Oh well, the anticipation is part of the fun.

Next comes the lottery speculation, followed by the anxiety of waiting for the wristband package to arrive and then the countdown until departure for the start town. I can’t wait!!!!

See you along the I-O-Way in July.

derek duncan, January 17, 2017 at 4:08 pm

Im just messing around….

Orange City, Iowa
Spencer, Iowa
Algona, Iowa
Clear Lake, Iowa
Osage, Iowa
Cresco, Iowa
West Union, Iowa
Marquette, Iowa

derek duncan, January 17, 2017 at 4:12 pm

one more

Orange City, Iowa
Spencer, Iowa
Algona, Iowa
Clear Lake, Iowa
Osage, Iowa
Cresco, Iowa
Postville, Iowa
Lansing, Iowa

paednoch2, January 17, 2017 at 5:45 pm

I know 3 of the towns.I have a method of finding out how. I will not share the route info out of respect for TJ and gang. I will tell you that there is a true tested way of finding out where the ride is overnighting. If you put your head to it you can figure out the method which is almost accurate with certainty. However it doesn’t work for predicting overnights in larger towns/cities (btw that is a hint). Its sorta sneaky and you only can find out just a few days prior to the announcement. And no the towns themselves are not aware until the announcement.

paednoch2, January 17, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Profile photo of Lawrence
Lawrence
one more

Orange City, Iowa
Spencer, Iowa
Algona, Iowa
Clear Lake, Iowa
Osage, Iowa
Cresco, Iowa
Postville, Iowa
Lansing, Iowa

This is a good one to look at for people viewing this forum thread. Very good one. Do you know my secret method of fiding out?

jelly0317, January 17, 2017 at 6:04 pm

I know all eight towns, but out of respect to TJ, I won’t divulge them until this Sunday. I also know the winner of the Super Bowl, but out of respect to Roger Goodell, I’ll keep that to myself, as well. I’m a very respectful guy.

Portland Cyclist PDX, January 17, 2017 at 7:46 pm

Nothing more annoying than someone claiming to know the towns and then refusing to provide their GUESSWORK. Even if you looked at where lodging is sold out at the logical time of a RAGBRAI overnight stay, it’s still deduction as opposed to unequivocal knowledge. Just tell us what you THINK the towns are based on your guesswork rather than teasing people like that.

Jboz, January 17, 2017 at 8:28 pm

^ I think those who claim to know the route, are doing so in jest. ^

Portland Cyclist PDX, January 17, 2017 at 9:07 pm

^ I was responding to one person in particular (paednoch2). Everyone else has been doing it in jest, but his post comes across different in a know it all matter based on his certifiable methodology.

Viewing 15 replies - 106 through 120 (of 137 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XLV – 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI