RAGBRAI XLIX registration is now open!

4 wristbands for sale — calf strain a week out :(

I have 4 registrations/wristbands for sale, $125 each. **Really** disappointed not to go, but it’s pretty hard to cycle with a boot on.
Also, we have the following merch available (make an offer):
WOMEN’S 2021 SLEEVE JERSEY – Medium x 2 $110.00
2021 MEN’S BIBS – XL $65.00
2021 PREMIUM Souvenir Package – X-Large $50.00
2021 PREMIUM Souvenir Package – Medium x 3 $150.00
MEN’S 2021 SLEEVE JERSEY – X-Large $55.00
MEN’S 2021 SLEEVE JERSEY – Medium $55.00

10 Replies

Jenee Olsen, July 16, 2021 at 3:01 pm

Looking to buy 1 wk long wrist band …contact me at 9205091444..thkyou
Jenee

JSCunningham, July 16, 2021 at 3:02 pm

Hi There,
Interested in your registrations. As a newbie, I’m not certain what the benefit is with registration ?
Do you have something that spells it out? Feel free to call 612-209-8012
PS- Bummer about your calf strain :-(
Thanks!
Samantha Cunningham

This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by JSCunningham.

JSCunningham, July 16, 2021 at 3:21 pm

If they are still available, I’ll buy all 4

jonmitch, July 16, 2021 at 3:37 pm

I have someone interested in buying all 4. Will let you know if that falls through.

Chris, July 16, 2021 at 6:46 pm

Hey JSCunningham:

There are quite a few benefits to being a registered rider, rather than “banditing” the ride.

Official Rider Benefits
Four ambulances and paramedic teams on the route each day.
Traffic controlled by Iowa State Patrol officers at select high-traffic intersections throughout the day.
Baggage transported from overnight to overnight community and unloaded for participants at the end of each day.
Free SAG service, which patrols the route to pick up riders who break down either physically or mechanically.
Ten bicycle repair shops dispersed throughout the route, and additional repair services available in the campgrounds during the day and in the evenings. Participants will pay for their own repairs, however, the shops will offer discounts for registered participants on all repairs, accessories, and RAGBRAI apparel.
Provision for camping locations in each host community, in addition to food vending areas, shuttle services, shower services, and entertainment.
Portable toilets with hand-washing stations distributed among the official campgrounds.
Route maps handed out at the community Information Centers and the RAGBRAI Merchandise and Information Trailers.
Colorful and distinct, route signs that mark the bike route and the separate support vehicle route.
A free embroidered patch for week-long riders.
Bicycle shipping stations at the end of the ride.
Opportunity to join one of RAGBRAI’s Charters.
Opportunity to utilize long-term parking in the starting or ending town. Long-term parking service will be denied for individuals not registered for RAGBRAI.
Gifts for registered support vehicle drivers who attend the training meeting on the Saturday before the ride starts.
Discounts at food vendors, bicycle repair shops, merchandise booths, and shower facilities for all registered participants displaying their wristbands. Displaying the wristband also will give you access to SAG service, bicycle shop repairs and many other services.
The annual Expo on the Saturday before the ride starts. The Expo features the latest in bicycle equipment, accessories and apparel.
A free Karras Loop patch for registered participants who complete the optional Karras Loop (while supplies last).

Ok, some of these are silly (the route signs are readable by everyone; they don’t give registered riders a magic decoder ring), but it’s about supporting the ride and being an official part of the zoo. :)

See y’all next week!
-Chris

HelenP, July 16, 2021 at 7:15 pm

Note that Ragbrai registration includes hauling of just one 50 lbs. soft duffle bag. Official Charters are available for a fee and signup — they usually will haul more, and provide more services, too.

Ragbrai registration lets you access official longterm parking, but it requires a fee and signup.

Chris, July 16, 2021 at 7:21 pm

Very true, HelenP! And…..such a bummer that you can’t come and play this year. We’ll save a PorkChop for you….

….who am I kidding? :)

:)

nancyfoelske, July 16, 2021 at 7:51 pm

If any of you are still needing a week-long wristband with all of the additions, bike band, etc. I have one that is still available. Could meet in LeMars if not enough time to mail it any distance.

JakeNC11, July 17, 2021 at 9:06 pm

Do you still need a pass I’m selling lemars parking and 1 weeklong rider pass do to a bike wreck last week I can’t join

nancyfoelske, July 18, 2021 at 5:16 pm

I still have a wristband package for sale. Looks like we would have to meet up in LeMars with a short time available. I have a new email address in case anyone has been trying to email me. My other one got hacked. My new one is nfoelske580@gmail.com Thanks in advance.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI