Registration is now closed for RAGBRAI XLIX. Transfers are now open!

77 Days TILL RAGBRAI What are you excited for???

I’m looking forward to the challenge, good conversations, ride and relaxation, oh my, the PIE… What are you looking forward too????

14 Replies

JimCoonRapidsMN, May 7, 2022 at 12:59 pm

I’m currently excited that the weather has finally turned after a very dreary, cold April up here in MN. For RAGBRAI, I’m excited for all that you wrote Surly and I would add this: A son and daughter will be joining me for the week! (With many thanks to their spouses and kids for giving them the time away!)

Amanda, May 9, 2022 at 8:13 am

I am thankful for many aspects of RAGBRAI. Seeing old friends, meeting new friends, the food, the adult beverages, the warmer weather, and riding my bike all day long with no emails or other work related “stuff”!

smeastim, May 16, 2022 at 9:04 am

Nubee here. RAGBRAI is a bucket list item. Looking forward to 1) no work email, 2) no work, 3) numbers 1 and 2 but mostly meeting like-minded bikeaholics. Pie, pie, pie, yes I am a pieaholic too! 68 days and counting (but who’s counting). I can’t wait for the experience of a lifetime.

Randall Murphy, May 16, 2022 at 9:50 am

Welcome to the carnival. In my experience you’ll either be one and done or a lifer and it sounds to me like you’re in the latter category. Pork Belly has a couple of philosophies that I’ve always liked. One is that you will have a bad day. Expect it, embrace it, and roll with it. The other one is that a bad day becomes a good story some day. Now the time between when it becomes a good story is directly related to how bad the day was but eventually it will become a good story. See you in July.

Surlyman!, May 16, 2022 at 3:38 pm

A bad day at Ragbrai beats a good day fishing…. So, imagine how much better it is than a great day at work??

Randall Murphy, May 17, 2022 at 7:26 am

Amen!

Rob Fuller, May 17, 2022 at 2:27 pm

I’m excited about the daily miles and route. I see manageable days averaging 60 miles each leading up to the “Queen’s stage” Century Day. After that a nice spin for the remainder into the northwest corner of IA. Also, to kickoff this year we will arrive Sergeants Bluff early to maximize the Day 0 festivities.

HelenP, May 17, 2022 at 6:34 pm

Rob, before setting off, you might want to tap that compass to see if it’s working. . . *silly grin*

Rob Fuller, May 17, 2022 at 7:58 pm

Oh yes, thank you HelenP. That does remind me – I’m excited for that sweet spot during the week when I’ve lost track of the day, the date and time, and for the most part my direction. At that point I’m just pedaling with the flow.

LawnchairMan, May 17, 2022 at 11:30 pm

Hmmm. . . a beautiful day catching lots of fish followed by a campfire and fried trout dinner versus a day of flat tires, broken spokes in a hail storm, and no help in sight? I think I’d prefer fishing. But I agree that either is better than work.

wrj, May 19, 2022 at 1:39 pm

I’m excited for,
enjoying a craft beer and a brat
soaking in a swimming pool after the day’s ride
most of all I’m excited to be riding my bike on roads that for that one week of the year are owned by
cyclists not motorists!

robert garton, May 21, 2022 at 4:40 pm

i just want recieve my packet………i registered in January. Packets started going out May 1…..this will be my 15th year…always came before now!!

robert garton, May 21, 2022 at 4:42 pm

i just want to recieve my packet………i registered in January. Packets started going out May 1…..this will be my 15th year…always came before now!!

Uncle Kraig, May 21, 2022 at 4:52 pm

robert – I wouldn’t worry too much about your packet yet. If you dont have it by the 2nd week in July, you might want to worry a bit but I doubt you’ll need to. Sometimes they go out a little earlier and sometimes a little later. Like many things with RAGBRAI (waiting in lines for example) patience is a virtue. It will get there eventually. See you in July.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI