A 700 mile Ragbrai

What are people’s thoughts on a ragbrai that would have an optional route each day so you could do a century ride each of the 7 days. I was thinking this for Ragbrai 50. The riders would have to sign in at the half way point with their wristband number. For each consecutive centry they would get a patch sent to them. If they make all 7 centry rides they would have the choice of a special Ragbrai Jersey or free Registration for the following year . I know it would be more logistic but it could be fun.

6 Replies

Gallagher, August 5, 2017 at 9:18 am

Sounds cool, except the part of them giving out free registration and jerseys. That would simply mean they’d jack up the price of everybody else’s registration fees to help cover that cost!!

Carl Anderson, August 5, 2017 at 10:28 am

I would do it just for just to day I did 7 centrys in a week. But it is a thought. I am not fast. My favorite Jersey is one that says Slow but Steady. That’s my motorcycle on Ragbrai.

Carl Anderson, August 5, 2017 at 10:29 am

I mean moto

hnschipper, August 5, 2017 at 10:42 am

Yes, I’d rather not have to pay for someone else’s free registration.

Cory Rood, August 5, 2017 at 10:00 pm

I’d be up for it but I don’t need any kind of reward for doing it. Give me the opportunity to purchase a special jersey maybe.

KenH, August 7, 2017 at 7:59 am

They would not have to charge the rest of us for this, they could charge those who want to do it for the extra stuff. I suspect there would be a single patch or jersey only for those who did all seven with maybe stickers for each day’s century. I drove the support vehicle on century day this year so that my teammate could do it. But he drove on Sunday so that I could do the gravel loop and I made that my century day by taking the gravel loop twice! So it was relatively painless to do two centuries this year if you didn’t have any driving duties and you noticed the opportunity.

I once took a skiing trip to Jackson Hole during a year when they had a ski 150k vertical feet in a week promotion going on so I signed up for that. I managed to do that although it did kinda turn a ski vacation into work. Even so, if they were to offer something like this some year I’d likely attempt this too. I never learn….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

Looking for RIDES

RAGBRAI XLVII – 2019

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

RAGBRAI XLVI – 2018

Training

RAGBRAI XLV – 2017

RAGBRAI XLIV – 2016

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

RAGBRAI XLIII – 2015