Join Us in July - Register Today!

Actual maps of Ragbrai L route?

I read the Ragbrai L routes and gpx files would be available around Jun 1. I cannot find them. I have found town maps, shuttle, etc, but not each day’s route. Are these somewhere on the website? If so, where. Thank you.

4 Replies

garywilk, July 1, 2023 at 5:13 pm

Ride with GPS has the route but not sure it is 100% accurate yet. https://ridewithgps.com/events/210167-ragbrai-2023. When I looked earlier, they also had the century loop which gets you right to 500 then add another 20 for riding around town, looking for things or minor detour to look at something cool. If you just search ragbrai 2023 they have it listed by day also. Again, there may be some changes but this should be fairly close. They usually hand out maps of different types on Saturday before the start. Buy old timer here and things keep changing ,less paper and more digital.

dsdouin, July 2, 2023 at 6:13 am

So mileage is taken from camping parks correct?
500 is without century distance this year?

garywilk, July 2, 2023 at 7:43 am

The distance is from about where they park the trucks with your stuff which I think is about 485. You can always add a few miles for riding around in pass through towns, then finding your camping site or riding to just look around in the overnight town. We always do the century so we will get 500 plus the 20-30 for ride around miles. The bigger factor is the wind. Last year on century day, we had flat smooth roads and about a 10-15 mph tail wind which made it feel more like a 60 mile ride. There may be a day or two with it out of the east and then just stay in the pack and get what ever draft you can. In a large group, there will be a draft even if you keep 3 wheel lengths apart. Everyone usually rides 2-3 mph faster with the large groups creating a draft.

TimmyR, July 3, 2023 at 6:36 am

I’ve found lots of user-created maps both in RWGPS and Garmin. I assume there will be an official link or notification / announcement when the the RAGBRAI crew releases the official maps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters