Join Us in July - Register Today!

Age of riders at ragbri./ lotterry

It seems that most of the riders i saw come through the blackhills this summer and after watching all the ragbri videos, most are middle age or better. why is this? and are there any hot young chics that ride. Like in there 20,s .

I will admitt that most folks just can’t take off from work  to do this ride. I will quit my job in june to do this ride.Even if i don’t get a lottery . I will do the day pass thing.BTW, what’s the chance’s on drawing a lottery for this ride? I here that most draw a ticket if turned in on time.Is this true?Thanks

18 Replies

knees36, November 25, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Your chances are very good at getting a “pass” for RAGBRAI.  If you can find a bike club that has ridden RAG in past years and join that club your chances would be very good to excellent.  There are deadlines for registration and they are clearly announced on this website dealing with registrations. 

Ages range from teenyboppers and occasionally younger to riders in their 70’s and 80’s.  I’ll be 76 for RAG XL.  The median age for guys are in their 40’s while the gal’s median ages are in the 30’s, but their ages vary greatly as well.  Never fear,  all the chicks are hot regardless of age…and you’ll find they are very often in great cycling condition as well.  Good luck and have fun on XL.  Cheers.

David Dudak, January 18, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I too am in the “upper age group”, but Knees has it right, there are men, and women of all age and look.  Enjoy your RAGBRAI experience.

kicks9, January 20, 2012 at 10:36 am

I am 35 and there was plenty of eye candy the past 2 years and most of them in bike shorts. 

Kicks9

Michrider !!!, January 20, 2012 at 12:35 pm

kicks9 said: I am 35 and there was plenty of eye candy the past 2 years and most of them in bike shorts. 

Kicks9

Young, attractive women on RAGBRAI????   I don’t believe I’ve ever noticed!!!!!!

“Bicycle Bill”, January 20, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Michrider said:

kicks9 said: I am 35 and there was plenty of eye candy the past 2 years and most of them in bike shorts. 

Kicks9

Young, attractive women on RAGBRAI????   I don’t believe I’ve ever noticed!!!!!!

That’s because they’re not packed, like a CrackerJack prize, at the bottom of a bottle of Budweiser!!

-“BB”-

knees36, January 20, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Michrider said:

Kicks9

Mich, do you know what happens when you “fib” like that???~~~Every RAG overnight town is going to get out their jackhammers and “take out” all of their curbs and boycott all products that are made in Rabbit Hash.  In the event that you show up for RAG XL anyway, they’ll take you across the Big Sioux River (it’s a northerly route this year) and stick you in one of those western Nebraska gulags in the Sand Hills!!!  We’ll see you on RAG # 50.  I’ll be 86 years old by that time, but  I’ll still meet you at the start town (it’ll be a northerly route on RAG #50 as well)  just to greet you in person.  A great  big bunch of Cheers to you!!! 

Michrider !!!, January 20, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Thanks Knees & you too Beebs!  I’m glad you both recognize my skills (Bud on the Kurbs).  Now that you’ve both kick started my memory banks, I do seem to rember attractive women on RAGBRAI!!!

Gypsy Rose, January 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm

seminole11 said: It seems that most of the riders i saw come through the blackhills this summer and after watching all the ragbri videos, most are middle age or better. why is this? and are there any hot young chics that ride. Like in there 20,s .

I will admitt that most folks just can’t take off from work  to do this ride. I will quit my job in june to do this ride.Even if i don’t get a lottery . I will do the day pass thing.BTW, what’s the chance’s on drawing a lottery for this ride? I here that most draw a ticket if turned in on time.Is this true?Thanks

The age breakdown of this year’s [2011] participants is as follows:

Under 19           6.2%                
20-24                4.5%                
25-29                7.0%                  
30-34                6.8%                 
35-39                6.8%               
40-44                9.8%              
45-49                13.0%              
50-54                15.5%              
55-59                13.5%              
60-64                9.5%                
65-69                4.6%                
70-74                2.0%                
75-79                0.6%                
Over 80             0.2%                

The average age of this year’s RAGBRAI participants is 45.5 years.

68.3% of the participants are male and 31.7% are female.

The average age of males is 49.2, while the average age of females is 37.5

As you can see from TJ’s stats on last year’s ride, the ratio is more than 2 to 1 male to female and nearly half of RAGBRAI riders are in the 45 to 60 year-old range.

~ Kevin

knees36, January 20, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Michrider said: Thanks Knees & you too Beebs!  I’m glad you both recognize my skills (Bud on the Kurbs).  Now that you’ve both kick started my memory banks, I do seem to rember attractive women on RAGBRAI!!!

A little late there Mich, wouldn’tch’ya say.  Every hot chick that’s on this website has already read your entry about how you never REALLY noticed them!!!  You’re going to have to start all over and it’s going to be all uphill, buddy!!!  Even more Cheers, ’cause you’re going to need all the help you can get!!!

Papa T, January 22, 2012 at 1:11 pm

knees36 said:

Michrider said: Thanks Knees & you too Beebs!  I’m glad you both recognize my skills (Bud on the Kurbs).  Now that you’ve both kick started my memory banks, I do seem to rember attractive women on RAGBRAI!!!

A little late there Mich, wouldn’tch’ya say.  Every hot chick that’s on this website has already read your entry about how you never REALLY noticed them!!!  You’re going to have to start all over and it’s going to be all uphill, buddy!!!  Even more Cheers, ’cause you’re going to need all the help you can get!!!
His open offer to buy them all a beer will go a long way to overcoming any resentment.  You go Mitch!

180 Days!  Did I mention I cannot wait!

knees36, January 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Papa T said:

knees36 said:

His open offer to buy them all a beer will go a long way to overcoming any resentment.  You go Mitch!

I bow to that logic. He is, no doubt, far too charming for all those ladies to resist.

Michrider !!!, January 22, 2012 at 2:38 pm

Papa T said:

knees36 said:

The Papa is correct once again! I’ve never met a woman for whom I refused to buy alcohol!!!!!!

mlwalk, January 22, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Ok, i will do, it I am sorry everybody.  I see the age breakdown that TJ gave but what about the BANDITS!!  How old are the GD BANDITS!!

knees36, January 22, 2012 at 6:11 pm

mlwalk said: Ok, i will do, it I am sorry everybody.  I see the age breakdown that TJ gave but what about the BANDITS!!  How old are the GD BANDITS!!

Old enough to know better, that’s about it…no other way to know for sure. Cheers.

Michrider !!!, January 22, 2012 at 6:31 pm

mlwalk said: Ok, i will do, it I am sorry everybody.  I see the age breakdown that TJ gave but what about the BANDITS!!  How old are the GD BANDITS!!

BANDITS???  WHERE?????

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The forum ‘RAGBRAI XL – 2012’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters