Ankle weights

Has anyone tried Ankle weights while riding or spinning on a stationary or trainer?  I was wondering if you would see much difference 2.5lbs per leg.  I figured it might like it does in running but I have not bought them yet (xmas gift card). 
Kicks

18 Replies

Davy Sprocket, January 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm

crazikate said:
I can’t imagine needing more resistance. Granted I only just started my trainer, but it’s hard. No coasting..Do they have wine in the beer tents? How about shots of tequila? I think I’m gonna need some serious pain relief. My butt is killing me!

The beer tents server pretty much only beer.  Hence the name.  However, the bars will have the tequila and wine flowing for sure.  Don’t stress about the ride as it is not as hard as some make it out to be.  Heck you have all day to make the ride.  Make sure you train equally as hard for fun as you do for work and you will be fine.

crazikate, January 30, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Will do..Two of my sisters and one niece ride with the “High Life” team. I’ve been riding for about 40-60 minutes a day for the last five days. My goal is an hour a day and then once the weather gets decent I want to ride at least three 2-3 hour rides a week. I’m hoping to get at least four 60-100 mile rides in between April and June 24th.

Davy Sprocket, January 31, 2011 at 5:54 am

Crazikate, I think you will be fine.

keep on ridin’ !

davy

Viewing 3 replies - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2020

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters

Friends of RAGBRAI