Join Us in July - Register Today!

Announcement Party

Has Ragbrai released when the Announcement Party will be. I hope they return the route announcement to Saturday rather than Friday.

17 Replies

Uncle Kraig, November 1, 2022 at 7:14 pm

I’m pretty sure I read or saw somewhere they posted that it is January 28th, which is a Saturday.

rtford, November 8, 2022 at 4:35 pm

Hi

I just heard on the podcast that the Route Party will not be livestreamed. We were hoping to have a party with our team to kick off RAGBRAI, would the organizers reconsider?

If not, when will the route be announced to the rest of the world and how (assume update to the RAGBRAI site).

This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by rtford.

Uncle Kraig, November 10, 2022 at 3:20 pm

No worries, the overnight towns will be announced almost simultaneously via multiple social media feeds. People that are at the party will be texting buddies and posting it almost immediately as it is announced. You will still find out Saturday evening the 28th. DMR will have it on their online paper version Saturday night as well. You wont miss it.

Mike Murphy, November 11, 2022 at 1:26 pm

I will be very disappointed if they don’t have an livestream option. We have hosted a party for the past several years and look forward to the announcement of the route.

Beerbronco, January 17, 2023 at 3:10 pm

If I remember correctly the live streaming wasn’t really announced until the week of the party so I would look that week before the 28th. I am hosting a small party too so hope to have live stream if not we will do the social media thing.

This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Beerbronco.

CharlesHatfield, January 18, 2023 at 7:18 am

On the recent Just Go Bike podcast, Mr. Phippen said no live stream this year for the route announcement party. He said they have some kind of promotional video that’s been made for the announcement, and that they will be sharing that to social media after its aired at the route announcement party, presumably around the same time Saturday night

Gregory Akers, January 24, 2023 at 1:33 pm

This was taken directly off the RAGBRAI Facebook page:
Can’t join us for the RAGBRAI Route Announcement Party? NO SWEAT! We will stream the Route Announcement Video just after 8:15pm Central on Saturday, 1/28 here on our Facebook page.
Then stay tuned to our Facebook page for live interviews from RAGBRAI Director Matt Phippen, overnight town representatives, and more at 8:30!

Sounds like it won’t be ‘live’ but pretty close.

Brian Monahan, January 25, 2023 at 11:45 am

Is there going to be an expo before the party? Haven’t seen that anywhere.

AMaliar, January 25, 2023 at 8:42 pm

The Bike Expo is on Saturday Jan 28th from 10-4:30 at Hy-Vee Hall.

Portland Cyclist PDX, January 28, 2023 at 3:16 pm

This is really disappointing to hear it won’t be live-streamed. I was really looking forward to this evening. Many people like myself do not have a Facebook account to watch that video package. I guess I’ll have to keep refreshing the DMR website. The new RAGBRAI staff missed the assignment on this one.

Uncle Kraig, January 28, 2023 at 3:44 pm

I think the Register is streaming the video package in addition to it being played on various social media platforms. You can probably watch it there too. If not, the route will be on the Registers site shortly after it is announced I’m sure.

Raymond Johnson, January 28, 2023 at 8:23 pm

Here’s the announcement video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKZX5_rhXY8.

Mike Murphy, January 29, 2023 at 4:50 pm

I hope this is the last year that they do the announcement this way. Many people can not make it to the party and they need to understand that this is an event that has interest around the country. Doing the announcement for only the people at the party is poor planning. This is not a local event and shouldn’t be treated as such. To be honest, I haven’t been impressed yet with any of the changes made by the new organizers. Granted I didn’t do last year, but 2021 left a lot to be desired, giving it a shot this year due to it being number 50.

AMaliar, January 29, 2023 at 5:18 pm

To be honest, I went to the announcement party last year, my first and last time. Wasn’t impressed because they ran out of food and free beer (didn’t matter because I don’t drink) too soon and the audio was poor during the towns unveiling. The band at the party was bad. It was uneventful IMO, perhaps I didn’t know many people there. Either way, I wasn’t entertained.

Mike Murphy, January 29, 2023 at 6:07 pm

We never run out of food or drinks at my party……lol, just disapointing that we couldn’t see the announcement till after the fact. What they did show us was a joke.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Categories

RAGBRAI L – 2023

RAGBRAI XLIX – 2022

RAGBRAI XLVIII – 2021

Training

Gatherings & Meetings

Lost and Found

Miscellaneous

Clubs, Teams & Charters